How Far Can You Run?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Half Marathon... well I actually did 14.2 when training for my second half, I had a little extra that one day. :smiley:

I wish I had the desire to run a whole one, if I was a bit younger I might could be talked into it.
  • 3 miles and I wouldn't classify myself as a runner at all. Just do it periodically for a change in routine.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Did 7.2 the other day
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    One mile. And I think I’m good with that. You all are incredible!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    28 miles longest running
    1 official marathon 26.2 miles
    Currently 15+ miles a day
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    28 miles longest running
    1 official marathon 26.2 miles
    Currently 15+ miles a day
    You win...lol. That's impressive.
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    I ran the US Air Force Half Marathon many years ago. I have no desire to do a full, I can't even imagine running for over 4 hours. I like 5k races. I can run many each year and it doesn't take all my time to train.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    15 miles is what I normally train up to for half marathon distance.

Just started training for my first ever full.

I don't know if my body will let me but I'm going to try.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    13.1. I'm limited more by time/boredom than physical endurance. Two hours seems to be my limit and even that requires a race environment. When running on my own 90 minutes tends to be the most I can do before getting too bored to continue.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    What is the furthest distance you have ever run without stopping?

One day when i was in the army, the commander had a wild hair up his *kitten* for some reason and made us run 10 miles that morning. We only ever ran 4 or 6 miles in that unit, and about 2 thirds of the soldiers did not make that distance. I was one of the ones who made it (barely), so 10 miles is the furthest i have ever run non stop.

I recently took up running (i guess close to a year now), and have worked my way up to 5 miles so far.

I am in awe of people that run ultra marathons, and even marathons & half marathons.

What is the longest distance you have ever run?

Without stopping (walk intervals were always part of the plan), 26.2miles
    Without walking 13.1miles

• initiation0
    initiation0 Posts: 22 Member
    edited December 2018
    7 miles, after I got my second wind, I didn't wan't to stop. (This was years ago, before I gained this weight).
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    My current longest distance is 15 miles. Training for a full marathon in March of next year. :)
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    I've run marathons, but I'm not sure how to count those since you specify "without stopping" and I stop at water stations (I can't drink and run at the same time so I have to walk briefly).
  • xXxSeriouslyxXx
    xXxSeriouslyxXx Posts: 72 Member
    What's chasing me?... never mind I still wouldn't run. I can walk a lot though.
  • 16 miles is the farthest I’ve run so far.

I enjoy 15k’s and half’s for the most part although it would be cool to train for a full at some point.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    10k (so just over 6 miles). My aim for 2019 is to double that!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    My sister and I have run 27 miles, 50/50 both directions, at least once a month in the early mornings. It's less taxing during colder months and with less traffic. We need to work following am runs, so running to exhaustion/failure isn't the aim.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited December 2018
    c3gr3njh00i4.jpg
    😁