Some people just don't get it

Options

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I would just say that this is how I can be fit or what I need to do to be slim. Make it your decision about you and let them decide if it might be about their decisions about themselves.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    When someone says something like that to me, I go into great detail about why I eat the way I do. I tell them all about it until their eyes glaze over and they walk away. It's better for me if they think ending the conversation was their idea rather than them thinking I gave them the brush off as I have this reputation at work of being unfriendly and difficult to approach. Generally, after a few times, people stop saying anything because they've figured out I will blather on and on for as long as they let me and it's just better if they don't even get me started. BTW, it's not that I'm not unfriendly or difficult to approach, it's that small talk is fake, dumb and boring.

lol..love this strategy...it is how I get rid of people all the time... start talking in detail about what they are annoying you with... boom. they go away.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    When someone says something like that to me, I go into great detail about why I eat the way I do. I tell them all about it until their eyes glaze over and they walk away. It's better for me if they think ending the conversation was their idea rather than them thinking I gave them the brush off as I have this reputation at work of being unfriendly and difficult to approach. Generally, after a few times, people stop saying anything because they've figured out I will blather on and on for as long as they let me and it's just better if they don't even get me started. BTW, it's not that I'm not unfriendly or difficult to approach, it's that small talk is fake, dumb and boring.

lol..love this strategy...it is how I get rid of people all the time... start talking in detail about what they are annoying you with... boom. they go away.

Same here... lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You can eat everything on keto, it's still just about portion size.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    On Fridays, there are generally pastries brought in to the office and today was no exception. A giant apple fritter looked really good. I got a knife, cut it it in half and then cut one of the halves in half and took 1/4; still a few bites, this thing was big. An overweight coworker rolled his eyes - "You don't need to do that. You're skinny." - then took the rest of the fritter. I opened my mouth to say something but words failed me and I just had to turn and walk away.

yep-- that was one of the things I posted in the pet peeves post... People tend to think that thin people are thin because of some magical unicorn metabolism and can eat all the things...um no, we're thin because we don't eat all the things. Deluded people have apparent issues with cause and effect.

It's easier to think that than have any personal responsibility though, isn't it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't bother me that much when other people are ignorant. Their idle social chatter about that ignorance is NBD either. Someone who's persistently and aggressively actually rude to me personally might draw a response, though - in which case, I prefer high road, but pointed, when possible. ;)