What is your go-to fast food?

Options
I am going to be out for dinner, so I have to pick up something real quick. I was thinking a grilled chicken sandwich from somewhere, but curious what other people usually do?

I have 646 calories left for the day.

Near me, there is:

McDonald's
Jack in the Box
Burger King
Taco Bell

I did really well this week (this was my re-start week), and I'm a little nervous because fast food is my biggest temptation.

Replies

• whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Whatever strikes your fancy that fits your calories. I do like Taco Bell for fitting a lot of food in a smaller amount of calories. Go Fresco!

Oh yeah, I forgot about their fresco stuff!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Zambreros!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's plain tacos (or even the Doritos Locos!) are 170 calories a piece. Their Power Bowls are pretty low cal.

I also like the veggie burger from BK. Maybe with a side salad or small onion ring?
  • Joemaxfitness
    Joemaxfitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a Chicken Fajita Pita with no cheese for JIB. Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich if you’re craving McDonald's.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    My go to on the go food (or when i don't feel like cooking) is Chipotle.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    My go to- is burger king- veggie burger- with ketchup/ mustard- no mayo- extra lettuce, tomatoe, pickles. with a value onion ring(smaller than a small-less calories) and diet coke.
    also love del taco- value menu- three layer nachos and one mini chicken or beef quesadilla.
    Look online at the restaurant menu/ calorie count before you even go to the place and you can figure out what you want- always have a second choice handy
  • whatalazyidiot
    Options
    jlopeziii wrote: »
    I would suggest a Chicken Fajita Pita with no cheese for JIB. Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich if you’re craving McDonald's.

That's what I ended up getting! But I got cheese, since i had more than enough calories for it.
  • whatalazyidiot
    Options
    My go to on the go food (or when i don't feel like cooking) is Chipotle.

I know I wish there was one close by. That's usually a safe bet.
  • whatalazyidiot
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    My go to- is burger king- veggie burger- with ketchup/ mustard- no mayo- extra lettuce, tomatoe, pickles. with a value onion ring(smaller than a small-less calories) and diet coke.
    also love del taco- value menu- three layer nachos and one mini chicken or beef quesadilla.
    Look online at the restaurant menu/ calorie count before you even go to the place and you can figure out what you want- always have a second choice handy

Okay I need to try their veggie burger.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    The Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad at McDonald's is pretty good. It's only 350 calories so you can have some fries with it, or an apple pie.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »

Okay I need to try their veggie burger.

The BK veggie burger is pretty darn good.
    I usually get 1-2 mini beefy quesadillas from Taco Bell depending on my calorie needs (210 for one). I find them very filling and tasty.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My number one go to is a triple cheeseburger from McDs with a whopping 29 grams of protein. I think it has 500 calories.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In McDonalds UK we have wrap of the day. Certain days of the week have a specific wrap for £1.99 with the rest at normal price, you have the option to get it either grilled or fried. I usually go to McDonalds because of this healthier grilled option. There is also subway but it is a bit of a rip off.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like Potbelly or Panera. Or, I call a local restaurant and order pick up.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    McDonalds southwest salad with grilled chicken has a lot of flavor.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Leftovers :wink: