Need some help and clarification

Options
I have a calorie goal of around 1700 a day to eat and i went over just a tad today at 1800ish. How is the number being displayed on my over/under for the day correct? And why isn’t my exercise calories putting me back below my CICO? So confused on how MFP is pulling in these numbers.

Also to note, i use a fitbit to count steps for the day and i’ve never had an issue until today.

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You have a negative number for exercise, which probably means you have a fitness tracker set up with negative calorie adjustment allowed. Double check that your fitness tracker is set up correctly.
  • king9matthew
    king9matthew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    You have a negative number for exercise, which probably means you have a fitness tracker set up with negative calorie adjustment allowed. Double check that your fitness tracker is set up correctly.

I guess ill have to check. I don’t know how it reset itself because its never been like that.

Thank you!

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's the same issue but I noticed that when I logged an exercise activity, for example my Strava uploaded a ride, it would send my steps calories into a negative. Eventually it usually righted itself

So I'd go from (for example)

Steps: 350 cal
    Total: 350 cal

to

Steps: -500 cal
    Ride: 400 cal
    Total -100 cal

then later

Steps: 360 cal
    Ride: 400 cal
    Total 760 cal
  • felixg1109
    felixg1109 Posts: 172 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It could be the thing mentioned by the posters above. But it could be correct, if you chose a high activity level and your tracker says "he's below that".

Do you have your age, weight and height (and how much set for loosing each week) for me?