not losing weight consistently

Options
I've been on MFP for almost a month (20 days). I have lost 4 pounds but I weight myself this morning and I'm still at the same weight as last week. I have seen some inches decrease in my stomach but not on the scale. I think maybe its something I'm eating, Can you guys help?

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I'll take the inches they are visible
  • sherisaid
    sherisaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What does your diet look like? I also have a hard time losing weight, but I've finally managed to be a little more successful recently. I've lost about 12 pounds since July 1.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    losing inches still counts! don't get discouraged. i haven't lost a pound in some weeks, but my body is looking thinner. worry about what you look like and how your clothes fit, rather than focusing too much on the number on the scale.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    be careful of your sodium intake :)
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    I'm giving myself until next March to lose 35 pounds. I tried to lose them in 3 months but it led to me giving up and quitting. Dont let that happoen to you. Be realistic, a pound a week. It might have been water weight that you lost. Water weight is water your body usually holds when you're not exercising but you lose it when you start sweating it out and giving your body a constant supply of water. (I think.) Now comes the time to start losing actual weight.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Really watch your sodium. There were 2 days you went way over in sodium this week and that will do it. It sucks, I know. Just keep at , and it will pay off. We have to have to constantly remind ourselves that it took us awhile to gain the weight, so it will take time to take it off.
  • Phi2004
    Phi2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that really helps to think long term instead of immediate results.
  • Phi2004
    Phi2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really need to reduce my sodium any suggests with foods and with seasoning foods?
  • kelia21
    kelia21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll take inches. The same way your body gains fat, it gains muscle. Muscle weight has to show up on the scale also. Also the scale doesn't tell you how much is water weight, muscle, fat, so don't let that number discourage you. BTW think of investing in a tape measure. =)
  • sherisaid
    sherisaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow, looking at your page, you've been really dedicated. Good for you! Just keep at it. You might also make sure your fiber intake is consistent. Not to go into TOO much icky detail, keeping things moving helps a lot, and keeps bloating down, too.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
    It happened to me also. I didn't loose any weight one week, but next week I lost 2!
    Consistency, consistency , consistency.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really need to reduce my sodium any suggests with foods and with seasoning foods?

Mrs.Dash- it's salt free.
  • carlobuff
    Options
    I was looking at your food diary.
    The cheese you are eating has tons of sodium. That makes you retain water.
    sodas whether regular or diet has tons of sodum.
    IF you drink only water and leave off the cheese for a week, perhaps you will see some results.
    I have been on my diet since July 4 with WW and their program is just not for me.
    So when I found this site so I could count calories, I was so happy.
    I have lost 15 lbs since I started. dieting on July 4. I am up to an hour walking every morning.
    I am 67 and had diabetes for a while, so I have to get the weight off or die.
    I drink half my weight in oz of water each day. I am on a 1300 calorie a day diet
    I eat only small portions of lean meat,veggies with balsamic vinegar,and raw fruit.
    I am not saying eveyone should do my diet. I am just telling you what I do because I have to get my weight down.
    I try to eat different things each day, but stay within my limit on calories
    Don't forget your multivitamin each day.
    Blessings
    Carolyn
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Inches count a lot too!! I stayed at 125 for two weeks, then went up to 126 the third week and the fourth week down to 124.5. We'll see how Mondays weigh in goes this week!
    when you hit a plateau, look at what you are eating: sodium intake, carb intake....AND if you're even eating enough!!! Don't always eat below your calorie intake!!!!!! You'll NOT lose weight by consistently eating under your calories.....
    then look at what you've been doing in your exercise: maybe you need to hit it a little harder..push a little more

But overall, how are your clothes fitting? Are you feeling more fit?? These two questions are the test...

It's about being healthy overall........