Finally losing!

Options
Hi, I've been back using mfp for about 2 months now and was getting so frustrated as I was actually gaining!
It's now started to drop though and I've lost 5lb in the last two weeks! Can't believe it. The biggest difference has been the goal I set. I started with a goal of 0.5lb a week but it was too tricky as I think you have to be v accurate with logging to do it. I changed to 1.5lb a week and also been trying intermittent fasting on a 16/8 for the last 4 days, it's finally shifting and I'm feeling a lot better in myself as well.
I finally feel that I'm in control of what I'm eating, not getting bad cravings any more or getting up in the night to eat!
There is hope lol!

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Great, I think IF is a great tool to jumpstart things. Keep marching forward.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    see now this is the success stories on IF im looking for!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Success generally takes a bit more than 4 days.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

If you are interested in doing IF then do it! To me a 16:8 is not that big of a deal so you stop eating for the day at 5:30 or 6:00 then not have something to eat until 9:30 or 10:00 the next morning, that is it!

Workout at the time that is convienient for you...either in the evening or in the a.m. and there you go.

If you want to do it and it works for you then just do it.

I agree as well 4 days is not long enough. I lost slowly...about 6 lbs per month and now that I have less to lose IF or not it is coming off slower. I have about 8 lbs left to go. I still do IF because it controls and structures my eating and is workable in my lifestyle.
  • DeborahKilpatrick
    DeborahKilpatrick Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Success generally takes a bit more than 4 days.

Thanks for that - my post said that I am finally starting to shift the weight which hadn't moved apart from upwards for months. So you're right, I haven't been successful yet. But you know what, I feel like I am starting to succeed at something for the first time in a long time so I'll take that as a win. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for contributing!
  • DeborahKilpatrick
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »

If you are interested in doing IF then do it! To me a 16:8 is not that big of a deal so you stop eating for the day at 5:30 or 6:00 then not have something to eat until 9:30 or 10:00 the next morning, that is it!

Workout at the time that is convienient for you...either in the evening or in the a.m. and there you go.

If you want to do it and it works for you then just do it.

I agree as well 4 days is not long enough. I lost slowly...about 6 lbs per month and now that I have less to lose IF or not it is coming off slower. I have about 8 lbs left to go. I still do IF because it controls and structures my eating and is workable in my lifestyle.

It's a big deal for me as my night eating patterns have been pretty messed up. Yes you're right 4 days is not a success and I'm not saying it is. It's a long goal for me. Kind of regretting posting tbh.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    IF is probably your thing then:) I love it myself, even if I am not watching what I am eating the eating window period gives me structure and control and I need that.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good for you pushing through and not getting discouraged
  • DeborahKilpatrick
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    IF is probably your thing then:) I love it myself, even if I am not watching what I am eating the eating window period gives me structure and control and I need that.

Definitely! That's exactly how I feel about it, I'm really glad it's worked for you so well. It's also giving me a mental break from constantly thinking and worrying about food., 😊