Almond Butter- please answer this for me

Options
So looking to get Almond butter but one that is just almonds as the ingredient. Those are the ones with the fat separation. Whats the correct method when using it for your sandwich or whatever? unsure if i am overthinking this but still.

When i get some to put on my rice cake, i just feel like i am making more of an oil mess than anything.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You have to stir the separated oil into the butter.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You have to stir it. I use sunflower seed butter and put it in the refrigerator after I have initially stirred it. This way less likely to separate.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Store it with the jar upside down and it can help the oil incorporate back into the rest of the almond butter. Still give it a good mix before using it, though.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Store it with the jar upside down and it can help the oil incorporate back into the rest of the almond butter. Still give it a good mix before using it, though.

This, turn it upside down before you open it and keep an eye on it. Once the excess oil has moved away from the cap, but hasn't completely worked its way to the other end, turn it over and stir it. Then keep it in the fridge so it will at least not completely separate.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    When you first open it, stir well and incorporate all of the oil until you get a nice even consistency. Then keep in the fridge. Once it’s cold, it won’t be as messy to use.
  • Salixiana
    Salixiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is one of my staples. One thing to be aware of is that different brands have different amounts of oil. (Are we allowed to mention brands on here?) The Costco kind is really cheap, but it's so oily that I found it almost unusable. Stirred or not, it was mostly oil right down to the bottom. Now I buy Almondee California brand on Amazon, which is way more solid. That said, I agree with everyone who recommends storing the jar upside down. (Tighten the lid really well first.)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Salixiana wrote: »
    Almond butter is one of my staples. One thing to be aware of is that different brands have different amounts of oil. (Are we allowed to mention brands on here?) The Costco kind is really cheap, but it's so oily that I found it almost unusable. Stirred or not, it was mostly oil right down to the bottom. Now I buy Almondee California brand on Amazon, which is way more solid. That said, I agree with everyone who recommends storing the jar upside down. (Tighten the lid really well first.)

You can mention brands, just don't post a link to the site where you sell it. :lol::wink:
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The almond/seed butter I use has the label “upside down” reminding you to store it lid down :)