Is it possible to lose weight by solely lifting heavy?

Options
Is it possible to lose weight (about 60 pounds) while just lifting and eating within a calorie deficit? I have been doing the routine New Rules of Lifting for Women for a couple of weeks and just began tracking calories but I don't do any cardio. And I wanted to know if anyone has had success and reached their goal weight doing it that way.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Yup. Weight loss happens with diet
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have lost weight eating only in a deficit, eating in a deficit with lifting only, and eating in a deficit with lifting and cardio. The key to weight loss is being in a deficit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    *raises hand
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I also lost my weight while only lifting. As already said, weight loss comes from a calorie deficit; no exercise needed. But, it's great for so many things!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose weight (about 60 pounds) while just lifting and eating within a calorie deficit? I have been doing the routine New Rules of Lifting for Women for a couple of weeks and just began tracking calories but I don't do any cardio. And I wanted to know if anyone has had success and reached their goal weight doing it that way.

Yeah....losing weight comes down to a calorie deficit, not what exercises you're doing. Wouldn't recommend it, but you don't need to do any exercise whatsoever to lose weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yes
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    *raises hand

Some proof...

xctopq6sedup.jpg

szt3wg98hxwb.jpg

Awesome!!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    *raises hand

Some proof...

Careful. Some weirdo might download your bikini pic to his computer and keep it there for nefarious purposes :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Absolutely! I've lost weight with a calorie deficit and next to no extra activity at all. Your way is even better.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    *raises hand

Some proof...

Careful. Some weirdo might download your bikini pic to his computer and keep it there for nefarious purposes :tongue:

Hey! I resemble that remark.

And I've since deleted it. She scares me too much.....