What are some of your ‘rules’

Options
1235»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I don't let others pressure me into eating foods I do not want to.

This is especially critical for me over the holidays since treats and decadent dinners are in abundance.

My mother is such a food pusher, lol. She offers me everything in the house.
  • joeterry2112
    joeterry2112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is no failure, just a chance to get back up again.

Find fruits and veggies I like and eat them as much as I can
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I decided very early on that I would never eat food I don't like in order to lose weight.

Also, I typically try not to drink my calories.

Yup and yup. :)
  • aambasa
    aambasa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m restarting my log in
    I’m finding the comments useful
    So far I’m sticking with logging everything I take until it becomes a habit
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I find it amusing that someone has come through and "Woo-d" some of the best pieces of advice!! :lol:

To you who "Wood-d" ... what's your advice then?

Just assume that those that woo'd think woo is a positive thing and are supporting your comment. That or laugh.

IS THE WOO NOT NICE??? I always read it as “Woo way to go!!!”

My rules:
    1. Eat what I like
    2. Don’t waste calories on eating anything I don’t like
    3. Exercise doing what I like- my time is precious to me and I will not waste a single minute on something I dislike
    4. Always come back to log
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my rules?

the only one i have is its VERY rare for me to drink my calories. i like my food.

other than that, my rule is no rules. make what i want to do, or eat, or whatever, fit into my lifestyle.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Log the truth. Log truthfully in the food diary and log truthfully in the exercise diary.
    Sometimes I even truthfully say in the "Note" section that the food diary is not accurate.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    moontyrant wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I find it amusing that someone has come through and "Woo-d" some of the best pieces of advice!! :lol:

To you who "Wood-d" ... what's your advice then?

Just assume that those that woo'd think woo is a positive thing and are supporting your comment. That or laugh.

IS THE WOO NOT NICE??? I always read it as “Woo way to go!!!”

My rules:
    1. Eat what I like
    2. Don’t waste calories on eating anything I don’t like
    3. Exercise doing what I like- my time is precious to me and I will not waste a single minute on something I dislike
    4. Always come back to log

It means "that information is too good to be true" meaning essentially "you've fallen for a scam or old wives tale." But many people (not me!) seem to use it to mean "I don't like you and/or your post" or at least that's what I take from threads where a few people disagree with someone and that person seems to start wooing every post by the people who disagreed thereafter. (Which is transparent and hilarious.)

But plenty of people like you seem to assume it's positive, so I like to assume the occasional woo is positive even though the meaning has been clarified (originally it could be either positive or negative).
    I decided very early on that I would never eat food I don't like in order to lose weight.

Also, I typically try not to drink my calories.

Agree with these.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    my rules?

the only one i have is its VERY rare for me to drink my calories. i like my food.

other than that, my rule is no rules. make what i want to do, or eat, or whatever, fit into my lifestyle.

This!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Keep a food diary no matter what!!!
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if it’s a rule more so than a compass but-

Get your mind right (healthy), everything else will follow.