Fitness Trackers that aren't wristbands.

Options
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good fitness tracker that isn't necessarily a "watch" style device? I hate the feeling of something bulky on my wrist when I'm doing things like push-ups. I also hate the feeling of my sweat making the band slippery. I think I'd be ok with a wristband that has a very very slim profile, if you have suggestions in that department as well. Thanks!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You can either get a chest strap, I think there is an arm band one (don't recall the make), of I hear there are some that clip to your bra strap.

But I guess the question is what do you want from a fitness tracker? What exercises are you doing that you want to track?

I've got a watch but my focus is running, so it works well for that. I wear it 23/7 though.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are some Fitbits that have a slimmer profile. I also believe that Fitbit sill makes the ZIP clip on, but it tracks only steps.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    There are a couple that aren't bulky. I think the misfit is rather slim. And you can also wear it as a necklace.

For fitbit I know people who bought extension bracelets and wear them around the ankle instead of the wrist.
  • TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit one which is a clip on - I also don't like the bracelets
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit one which is a clip on - I also don't like the bracelets

Yes but the One is no longer made. I loved it and went through 3.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,871 Member
    Options
    I believe a HRM with a chest strap is most accurate. I recently replaced my Polar F11 with a Polar H10. The H10 functions with the Polar Beat app. No watch, just the strap and snap on transmitter. I must say there is a learning curve with the app but then I’m not a techy and at almost 69, probably never will be!