Sudden weight gain

Options
This month I went up 4 pounds I basically am eating below maintenance I increased my walking and am consistent with my everyday dance classes is my metabolism ruined from low calories in?

Replies

• FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    1) Fluctuations of up to five pounds in a single DAY are normal. Did you eat a lot of sodium in the last week? Step up workouts; fly in a plane; are you maybe approaching your period? How long have those four pounds been on for?

2) Why are you eating under maintenance if you’re trying to maintain?
  • pinkgurl456
    pinkgurl456 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It’s been two weeks that my weight has been up by 2 pounds I’m afraid that since I’m gaining below maintaining I’ll certainly gain on maintenance with higher calories.
  • pinkgurl456
    Options
    Gradually it’s been going up . Thanks for the replies I feel so much better now
  • wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing in properly? The best way to weigh is the following.
    1) Use the same scale every time, place the scale in a room with consistent temperature in a specific location that is flat, clean and dry.
    2) Weight day should be on a day off where you can sleep in if you do, and you can start your day relaxed.
    3) Wear as little clothing as possible, do not eat or drink anything and be sure to use the bathroom before you weigh in.

LASTLY, Put the scale away and only weigh in once every 7 - 10 days.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I slowly gained 5 pounds. But I know exactly why. Too much food & drinks!

Time to tighten up on calorie consumption. Especially with the holidays coming!! lol
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing in properly? The best way to weigh is the following.
    1) Use the same scale every time, place the scale in a room with consistent temperature in a specific location that is flat, clean and dry.
    2) Weight day should be on a day off where you can sleep in if you do, and you can start your day relaxed.
    3) Wear as little clothing as possible, do not eat or drink anything and be sure to use the bathroom before you weigh in.

LASTLY, Put the scale away and only weigh in once every 7 - 10 days.

Or use a weight trend app like Happy Scale or Libra...
  • pinkgurl456
    Options
    I don’t think it’s the sweet potatoes since I recently gained weight and have been consistently eating them and before stayed at preferred weight
  • pinkgurl456
    Options
    And I ate light thoughout day to make space for them calorie wise
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Weigh your sweet potatoes from you other thread. Sweet potatoes are calorie dense.

I agree on weighing them, but at about .8 cals a per gram ,give or take, i would not call them calorie dense. More low/med calorie density.