Suggest a workout program with no jumping orequipment?

Hi there. :) Due to some problems with my knees I can't do much vigorous exercise with them until I lose more weight, plus I have a light sleeper below me that I would prefer to not wake up, haha. I was wondering if there were any videos to follow along with that would be good in my situation.

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Yoga or pilates. Also, ever considered swimming or water aerobics...they have great programs through local parks & rec.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Leslie Sansone walking workouts. I have the old walk away the pounds set and have gotten some of her newer stuff from Netflix. Walking, kicks, side steps, knee lift/bends....that's it. Some may use a stretchy band or hand weights, but you don't have to use them.
  • Are you up for exercise videos? The New York City Ballet Workouts (there are 2) are pretty awesome, lots of stretching and resistance/muscle building exercise without much jumping. Rachel Brice has a really good Tribal Fusion Bellydance workout with no jumping, there are three different workouts depending on how much time you have (15, 30 or 45 minutes) and it incorporates yoga stretches and dance isolations.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Zumba gold is low impact...we do no jumping at all in our class. Plus you can do it from a chair if necessary
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Try leslie sansone walk at home workout. Pretty effective and no equipment required.
  • cnewbie
    cnewbie Posts: 12
    Water Aerobics or Spin! I started my journey w/ water aerobics. It gave me a good start, now I have the energy to do spin, zumba (wouldn't recommend until your knees can take it), and riding my bike (up to 30 miles at a time!). Good luck!! It sucks that our body parts hold us back from wanting/needing to feel good and get moving! :happy:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Yep, Zumba would be a great workout for you!
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Yoga or pilates. Also, ever considered swimming or water aerobics...they have great programs through local parks & rec.

I know swimming burns a LOT of calories, I just don't have access to a pool anymore. the public ones put way to much chlorine in and it burns my skin. :/ And I have a couple books on yoga/pilates I just... don't where to start? Hahaha.
    Leslie Sansone walking workouts. I have the old walk away the pounds set and have gotten some of her newer stuff from Netflix. Walking, kicks, side steps, knee lift/bends....that's it. Some may use a stretchy band or hand weights, but you don't have to use them.

The walk away the pounds one has been recommended to me before, I might check that out.
    Are you up for exercise videos? The New York City Ballet Workouts (there are 2) are pretty awesome, lots of stretching and resistance/muscle building exercise without much jumping. Rachel Brice has a really good Tribal Fusion Bellydance workout with no jumping, there are three different workouts depending on how much time you have (15, 30 or 45 minutes) and it incorporates yoga stretches and dance isolations.

These sound awesome, actually!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm still working on rebuilding strength in my knees, but I do Insanity. When jumps are called for I do the motion without the jump... means a lot of squats, but it still works my cardiovascular system and will get me to the point where I can do the jumps.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    I like yoga and Winsor pilates.