• MirandaLing777
    MirandaLing777 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m in! Feel free to add me 🙂
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 a day because MFP tells me that's what I need to eat to lose. NHS actually recommends not less than 1400 a day for women on weight loss regimes but I don't lose at that intake.

Mfp tells you to NET 1200.

That’s different than EAT 1200.

1200 is my NET goal and is less than a pound a week and I have ~30 lbs to lose.

MFP tells me to log my exercise and eat those extra calories.

I lose just as expected when I do what mfp tells me to do (NET (not eat) 1200).

^^ This.

Say that 1200 is established as a minimum that meets the needs of the body at its base activity level.
    Additional activity, beyond what was used when calculating minimum above, will increase the need for more calories.

Calories = energy.
    Energy goes both ways: it can be stored (Calories In) and it can be burned for activity levels (Calories Out).

I found online by searching TDEE a couple of calculators that gave different results. Similar, but not exact, so I took the average of them all. I connected my Fitbit to help manage the CICO based on changes in my base activity level.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    PSA for anyone doing keto on minimal calories: your carb limit to stay in ketosis is 30g NET at 1200 calories. You can eat fewer, of course, but if eating a few more carbs gets you to eat all of your calories I’ll call it a win.
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I’m here if you need a friend!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have set my calories up at 1200 as I know that this is the least that I should be on.

It seems as though it will take a long time as when I checked online these are the figures that I got

You need 1,457 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 957 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.

I am going to try to do more exercise but it seems as though getting 250 exercise calories and not eating them is the only way I will lose the l lb a week.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    I am exactly 5ft and 166lbs. I am quite sedentary, but I am trying to walk more than I do currently.
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've had 1200 calories as my goal for about 3 weeks now and my weight loss has been steady! HOWEVER, I don't marry the number. It's more of a "Aim for the moon, land among the stars!" goal so there's a day or two each week that I go over... but I'll still be in deficit because "overeating" puts me at around 1500 or 1600 calories. :D
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    I am exactly 5ft and 166lbs. I am quite sedentary, but I am trying to walk more than I do currently.

OP, you don't have much to lose to be at a healthy weight - 0.5lb a week would be perfect, input that into the app and see what calories you are given. Weight loss is hard enough without feeling more deprived than necessary, plus if you are eating a healthy amount of calories you are more likely to stick with the plan and see it through which equals results.

All the best.

Thanks

I've just played around with different weight losses.

If I put in 0.5lb loss - I get 1260 calories

If I put in 1lb, 1.5lb or 2lb, it gives me 1200 calories, and a maximum weight loss of 1lb a week.

So to keep healthy, it looks as though 1lb is the most I can lose a week and still keep healthy. (unless I do a lot of exercise and not eat all the calories back)

Some days I find it really difficult to get enough protein without overdoing the fat calories. But I am learning day by day.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options

OP, you don't have much to lose to be at a healthy weight - 0.5lb a week would be perfect, input that into the app and see what calories you are given. Weight loss is hard enough without feeling more deprived than necessary, plus if you are eating a healthy amount of calories you are more likely to stick with the plan and see it through which equals results.

All the best.

Thanks

I've just played around with different weight losses.

If I put in 0.5lb loss - I get 1260 calories

If I put in 1lb, 1.5lb or 2lb, it gives me 1200 calories, and a maximum weight loss of 1lb a week.

So to keep healthy, it looks as though 1lb is the most I can lose a week and still keep healthy. (unless I do a lot of exercise and not eat all the calories back)

Some days I find it really difficult to get enough protein without overdoing the fat calories. But I am learning day by day.

I'm not getting this at all.

I'm weighing and measuring my intake faithfully each day and this past week I've increased or maintained each day and now I'm almost 2lb up.

Friday I had 1000 calories and I went up 0.2lb
    Saturday I had 1161 calories and I went up 0.6lb

I'm trying to stay as close as I can to 1200lbs - I didn't have many exercise calories those last two days. I think the only way I can lose is to exercise and have a deficit of at least 400 calories a day.
  • jufhermelien
    jufhermelien Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me it's the first time I count calories to try and lose weight. I also have a goal of 1200 a day and to be honest, I'm hungry (but it's only the 3rd day so it could improve later).
    I have to be fair, my BMI is within normal range. I only need to lose 3 kgs to be on my before-pregnancies-weight. So hopefully it won't take too long.

I think you're all very courageous if you're doing this for a long time!!!