Stopped counting calories, still losing weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I can seriously overeat whole plant-based foods. Good luck

Peanut butter... mmmmmm..... lol
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    smit7633 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    I stopped counting calories and I am still losing weight every week! How?! Whole foods plant based diet! Google it.

Calorie deficit... google it...

You think I don't know? Some people on here are obsessively counting calories and still struggling to lose weight and have a calorie deficit. It's hard to eat too many calories when you eat wfbp diet so I don't know how you couldn't create a deficit and meet your goal with this type of eating. And you don't have to obsess over counting calories.

If they are not losing weight they are not in a calorie deficit...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with a plant based approach to diet. Just don't assume for a second that you can't gain weight on one...
  • kristinstephenson86
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    o9jesdy8qum8.png

LMAO
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can’t help think because you’ve changed up the diet things your body has kicked into a different gear. Kind of like when you pleatau, if you change the weight you continue to lose weight.

But whatever works for you! Glad things
    Are going well for you. Just remember it’s not the solution for everyone else. I was losing weight, switched to vegetarian, and got fatter.

Tried to go back to meat but my body broke. Currently getting a few tests to see what I broke. Either my thyroid or insulin resistance.

Meanwhile I hit the pavement every day and do weights and all I have to show for it is nothing!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: at least four+ times a week is from Taco Bell. I get the fiesta potato breakfast griller no cheese and no eggs add guac and beans. And a medium Pepsi.
    The other days I will have my banana blueberry muffins and fruit, but I always end up starving by 10 am after eating at 8

Lunch: I have Vegan frozen meals from a brand called Amy's they only have two vegan options at my grocery and I eat one or both of those two everyday, they are over 400 calories each and I sometimes have two

Dinner: I eat pizza and cheesy bread at least on night a week. Another night I will go out, either for Chinese or I go to the steak house and get a Philly steak with no steak and mashed potatoes with buttery rolls. The rest of the days I eat whole foods that I meal prepped on Sunday. This week it was a vegan soup, last week it was a vegan meatloaf served with roasted brussel sprouts.

This all sounds very expensive. Taco Bell at least four days a week, 10 plus Amy's frozen meals a week, pizza (that sounds like take out by the way you wrote it), Chinese takeout/and or steak house (sans meat) at least twice a week.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    In 2019 I'm kicking off January participating in a challenge called Veganuary. So that takes care of my cheesy bread and pizza, buttery rolls, and steak house mashed potatoes.
    But I am taking it a step further to also avoid added oils, and cooking with oils, soda, and all processed/packaged foods unless the ingredients are super basic, like pasta -salt, water, wheat flour

Judge me!

I somehow just noticed this part. How is this going to work with all of the takeout/boxed food? I mean it seems like it won't which is fine. If you think it will, I'm really curious as to why or how you think that's the case. Are you going to move to cooking most of your meals at home?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    WFPB doesn't mean lower calories. Last time I checked, a tablespoon of sesame oil had 130 calories. Back in the day I could put 1000 calories of oil on a organic baguette for a 1500 calorie snack.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I was an obese vegetarian for 10+ years. Now I’m an ideal BMI vegetarian because I stayed in a calorie deficit to lose weight. There’s nothing special about eating plants that makes it difficult or impossible to overeat, and people eating plant based diets lose weight exactly like everyone else does: though a calorie deficit.