Think snow

2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2018
    We were supposed to get snow overnight. We got freezing rain instead. :mad:

Dammit. Now it looks like I hugged you out of sympathy for the freezing rain and not cuz your a dumbass.

*you're a dumbass.

:laugh:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Dammit. Now it looks like I hugged you out of sympathy for the freezing rain and not cuz your a dumbass.

*you're a dumbass.

*kitten*. I thought I got the edit in quick enough.

Dammit!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

*you're a dumbass.

*kitten*. I thought I got the edit in quick enough.

Dammit!

Never quik enough! (YSWIDT?)
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I've got wind, and lots of it! (insert bean joke here)

Anyone want some of that? I'll trade for snow. 30mph sustained winds with 60+ mph wind gusts. What's bad, is this isn't bad yet. I'm waiting for my 40-50mph sustained winds with gusts of 70-100+ MPH. So yes I'll take snow please. At least while it's snowing the wind dies down for a while. Then when the storm leaves & the wind comes back we have ground blizzards. Whee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Great thing about living in NM is that you can hit the slopes in the morning and enjoy a little winter and turn around and golf in the afternoon because it's 50-60* out in town.

We get snow in town on occasion and it's always fun and pretty...it's usually a light dusting that rarely requires removal as it melts pretty quickly. Occasionally we get a rockin' storm that shuts everything down, but it's pretty rare. Northern NM definitely gets more.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member

Anyone want some of that? I'll trade for snow. 30mph sustained winds with 60+ mph wind gusts. What's bad, is this isn't bad yet. I'm waiting for my 40-50mph sustained winds with gusts of 70-100+ MPH. So yes I'll take snow please. At least while it's snowing the wind dies down for a while. Then when the storm leaves & the wind comes back we have ground blizzards. Whee.

Wind is the only thing I hate about winter. Where are you? Wyoming, Montana, or some other windy hell hole? We had gusts of 80 mph yesterday.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Wind is the only thing I hate about winter. Where are you? Wyoming, Montana, or some other windy hell hole? We had gusts of 80 mph yesterday.

We have a winner! The great state of Wyoming for me. :lol: Keeps the population low though. ;) The wind was obnoxious yesterday.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    So, I tried to run outside last night. Was 5C when I got home, but dropped pretty quickly.

Yeah, not doing that again. Dark and icy is not fun. Cut the run short and could not wait to be home and not slipping around.

I'll run outside in the daylight, but not more dark hour runs for me, which means trying to do 10KM on a treadmill. Bleh.
  • Rocknut53

We have a winner! The great state of Wyoming for me. :lol: Keeps the population low though. ;) The wind was obnoxious yesterday.

My son lives in Cody. The only thing keeping me from pulling up my roots here in Montana and moving there to be closer is the wind...oh, and grizzly bears...don't want to deal with grizzly bears when I hike. :/
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited December 2018

My son lives in Cody. The only thing keeping me from pulling up my roots here in Montana and moving there to be closer is the wind...oh, and grizzly bears...don't want to deal with grizzly bears when I hike. :/

Just stay away from the south eastern quadrant, and you'll avoid the worst of the wind. Greybull and Sheridan are nice though! Much less wind. More cold though. Grizzlies can be a concern! Especially in the Sheridan Mountain range! I've contemplated uprooting and moving to those myself. But the jobs are good where I'm at, even if the wind is not.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    I would like to see some snow, and then have it go away after about an hour. Can I have that?

It’s 60ish degrees here more or less year round. I’m not complaining :)

Hello California girl!!
  • Rocknut53

Just stay away from the south eastern quadrant, and you'll avoid the worst of the wind. Greybull and Sheridan are nice though! Much less wind. More cold though. Grizzlies can be a concern! Especially in the Sheridan Mountain range! I've contemplated uprooting and moving to those myself. But the jobs are good where I'm at, even if the wind is not.

My son used to live in Ranchester, just over the MT/WY border, and I've worked many places all over the state (oil business). My least favorite place is Rawlins (Rawwinds… :D ) Lander is nice, Cheyenne blows, flew into there a few times and was amazed the pilot could even land the little "vomit comets" we flew in. Almost got "tornadoed" in Newcastle. Yep, Wyoming is an interesting combination of places. Then there's Jackson, pretty, but needs to be it's own state, North California maybe.
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited December 2018

My son used to live in Ranchester, just over the MT/WY border, and I've worked many places all over the state (oil business). My least favorite place is Rawlins (Rawwinds… :D ) Lander is nice, Cheyenne blows, flew into there a few times and was amazed the pilot could even land the little "vomit comets" we flew in. Almost got "tornadoed" in Newcastle. Yep, Wyoming is an interesting combination of places. Then there's Jackson, pretty, but needs to be it's own state, North California maybe.

Rawlins is depressing! And Yes Jackson is very much like a Little California. Too funny. And I am stealing "vomit comet" ! Flew into Casper once, and it was very spooky. I watched as the plain tilted from side to side as we landed. :open_mouth:

Since we're on the wind discussion:

tgif-funny-photo-wyoming-wind-sock.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    It's on in the Methow! To bad I'm over here on the wet side.