I get mad I can’t eat whatever I want

Options
I’m a grown adult and know I can’t eat pizza, french fries, cheeseburgers, and ice cream all day but I want to! When does the mindset change where I’m happy eating a healthy meal? I know I can eat small portions of those foods but it’s just not the same.

Replies

• Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No food should be off limits ...
    But once you realize what some foods count as you might look at them differently.

Many restaurants meals are a whole days calories 😳!!You can eat how you choose to but you will only see results when you burn off more calories then you eat .

Input output it’s as simple as that .
    Good luck figuring this out, you’re not alone
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    Make your own. I can easily fit cheeseburgers, pizza, and fries into my diet as long as I make it myself and watch my portions. This way I can dictate what goes in/on it and how much. Thin crust pizza with lots of healthy veggies and a bit of real cheese? Amazing and healthy and super easy to fit into ones calories.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    1) You can make all those things yourself or buy the healthier options. Maybe try a salmon or turkey burger from Trader Joe's (if you have one near). Make the pizza yourself using cauliflower crust and lower fat cheese. Try baked sweet potato fries, halo top or almond milk ice cream. You CAN have all those things as long as they fit into your daily caloric allotment.

2) I sometimes feel the same way but then I remember that eating to much of all those is how I got fat in the 1st place!
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I try to eat some of these things every week. I usually have a piece of pie, or some cookies, or a glass of wine, or a bowl of gelato, most days. I'll have a piece of pizza instead of three, which is something I can do now without feeling miserable because I've been practicing feeling happy about it for months now. It's a "mind over matter" thing. It's a "wow, I'm developing discipline" thing. Nothing is off limits for me. But like try2again mentioned, if I eat three pieces of pizza now, I feel bloated and unhappy.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    For me it was deciding what was worth it from a calorie standpoint. Some things I've pretty much stopped eating (can't remember when I last had fries of potato chips) but others I make room for (decent pizza, a good burger, cinnamon rolls). Everyone and their cousin posts here talking about "embarking on their new lifestyle" but having that mindset, one of developing a new normal, is important if you want sustained success.