Intermittent Fasting?

Options
2»

Replies

• rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've done IF for a year (the 5:2 version). It helps me stick to my calorie goal (as it balances out the weekend nicely), and I personally believes it has helped me get full on smaller portions. But I also know some people who get quite unwell after a few hours without food, so for them IF is a terrible idea.

Imo you should find your own way that works for YOU and stick to that
  • angelarene626
    angelarene626 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I found out this year I was doing IF just naturally and didn’t even realize it had a name...it’s just the way I like to eat lol. I find I am able to keep a calorie deficit easier if I stop eating around 6pm. And I usually have breakfast around 10am. Making my eating window 8hrs. It just feels better to get the majority of my calories in at breakfast and then late lunch. Then I eat something light around 6/6:30p to fuel my workout at 7pm. I will say if I did an intense workout and was starving afterwards I would have like an apple or protein bar to keep the hunger pains away especially when I first started actively doing this during the week days.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I only come here to see the hate for IF. I love it, I've also noticed that it's helped with digestive issues that I have. Genoa me stay in my cals, I feel like I have more energy. I'm happy on it!

Really? Could you point out those posts? I feel like I must be missing something.

The comment literally above mine.

My point was that I am not sure telling your boss that you "do" IF is a great idea if they can see right through it. I have skipped breakfast for more than 2 decades but I would not call it IF because I don't want to sound absurd. It is no different than saying that I intermittently sleep.

The OP asked for a downside. I am supplying one.