What is your, "Feels Like I'm cheating," food?

Options

Replies

• SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite non-cheating indulgence is a warmed-up whole grain tortilla spread with 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (heated in the microwave and drained of the excess liquid. It's a gooey, messy, lower-sugar PBJ that I use as a dessert or as a quick lunch component on the weekends!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    lustymads wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    ttugurl wrote: »
    9wc23a2084d4.png

:/ Anyone else disturbed that the OP thinks that's cheating?

I think the point was it's a food so delicious, it FEELS like cheating even though it's not.

But.... sprouts??
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    9wc23a2084d4.png

I think the point was it's a food so delicious, it FEELS like cheating even though it's not.

...They're brussle sprouts
  • manderson27
    Options
    I read somewhere that there is a "sprout" gene. If you have it, it makes sprouts taste bitter so you won't like them.

I may also have made that up because.....Medication. :D
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    frozen berries. Nuked, smushed with splenda = perfect replacement for jam with my yogurt and cottage cheese for surprisingly few calories (especially when you compare to jam).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    and gravy has way few calories than I would expect too.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Fajitassss💕😂 oH or Mac and cheese!!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    9wc23a2084d4.png

But.... sprouts??

Roasted brussels sprouts are amazing. I don't know that roasted brussels sprouts that have been frozen and seasoned before ben frozen are amazing (I've never tried and don't really want to). That said, roasted brussels sprouts that are fresh are one of my favorite foods - especially if they're in season (yes, that will be part of my dinner tonight).
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    9wc23a2084d4.png

Yeah I mean, if they were roasted in bacon fat maybe....

Before I cut down on the amount of pork I eat, I used to roast them with bacon. They are, however, also very good shredded and sauteed with duck fat.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Smoothies? I like to make them as my lunch in the warmer months. With yogurt or protien powder they last a while, and knick the ice cream craving for a while... Otherwise, I kind of have a hard time relating here I guess. There are high calorie/ high satisfaction foods. And low calorie/high satisfaction foods too. I could feel just as happy munching on a plate of brussels sprouts as I am eating pizza. It's entirely relative to what I am craving lately. And now some roasted brussels sprouts sound amazing.. Too bad I'm the only one in the house that eats them. I feel wierd cooking things only for myself.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    Tacklewasher, that’s hilarious! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I see where some folks actually dip them in chocolate first.

I really want to try this one day. Just to see how mad my staff will get.

crowd-sitting-person-people-human.jpeg

(I like Brussels sprouts...but not when I'm expecting chocolate.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I happen to really like Halo Top ice cream (I am aware that there are plenty of people who feel the opposite), and I love that I can eat a whole pint if I am so inclined without making much of a dent in my calories

I prefer Breyers delight, but yeah. Under 300 cals for more ice cream than I eat in one sitting (not can eat, but I typically have half a pint in a sitting).

Just wish they didn't cost so much though.

the breyers one IS good. though i ended up tossing half a pint awhile ago as the weather turned cold and I lost interest in eating ice cream!

Yep, I pawned two open pints off on my neighbor when the fall weather kicked in.

(This would not have happened with Ben & Jerry's.)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that there is a "sprout" gene. If you have it, it makes sprouts taste bitter so you won't like them.

I may also have made that up because.....Medication. :D

I have the "bitter is the best of the flavors" gene. Black coffee, unsweetened ground chocolate, cruciferous veggies, etc. Yum! (bitter is best, then sour, then umami, then salty, and sweet is least.)
  • manderson27
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    9wc23a2084d4.png

But.... sprouts??

Roasted brussels sprouts are amazing. I don't know that roasted brussels sprouts that have been frozen and seasoned before ben frozen are amazing (I've never tried and don't really want to). That said, roasted brussels sprouts that are fresh are one of my favorite foods - especially if they're in season (yes, that will be part of my dinner tonight).

Ok I am going to do more things with sprouts. I am all for living life on the edge :)
  • manderson27
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    9wc23a2084d4.png

Yeah I mean, if they were roasted in bacon fat maybe....

Before I cut down on the amount of pork I eat, I used to roast them with bacon. They are, however, also very good shredded and sauteed with duck fat.

Now this I can get on board with I love bacon. And shredding and sautéing sounds good. OP you have started a sprout conversion :)
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    frozen banana blitzed & with a tablespoon of peanut butter , my version of " ice cream"
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'll roast some potatoes and carrots sliced thin with 1tbsp of olive oil and 1/4cup of parmesan cheese. Super ultra greasy and delicious. Feels like 1,500 calories, but is under 600.
  • jawojo2017
    jawojo2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered almonds
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Abrupt spikes in salt intake because of the satiation and false feeling of cheating (transient water retention)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This mentality that diet should mean suffering and things that don't taste good is foreign to me, I never understood it even when I dabbled in fad diets for fun. On the cabbage soup diet, I liked cabbage soup, so I ate it. I hated "steak day" so I didn't eat steak.

Rant over, things that are low in calories but taste good to me are too many to count. Most vegetables, mushrooms, almost every kind of berry on the planet, coffee, diet 7up, and many other things.