I went to a gym...

Options
For the first time ever I stepped foot inside a public gym. Why is this a "success"? Because I feel "ok" enough about myself to not only go out in strange public place, but to be active outside of my home. This is a HUGE step forward in working to overcome my social anxiety. I feel proud.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I know first hand how big a deal that is. Well done!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! The gym can be so intimidating.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    That is huge! WTG!
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever I stepped foot inside a public gym. Why is this a "success"? Because I feel "ok" enough about myself to not only go out in strange public place, but to be active outside of my home. This is a HUGE step forward in working to overcome my social anxiety. I feel proud.

Good for you. I was like that when I went in 2011. Felt like everybody was looking at me. That's really not the case. IN fact, after a few years I found that it was like a brotherhood/sisterhood. Keep in mind this is a campus gym ... and the students are actually incredibly supportive. Keep going and you'll find that.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP! nice job! Such a nice thing to happen... keep GOING!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!! Good for you!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love to go to the gym - at least I give people to look and talk about. So far I don't fit onto many machines yet - and I always ask the gaping crowd to help me onto one of them. That makes them disappear so quickly! The pool? Even better - I always have my own lawn, moving along like a massive walrus and blowing air like a whale. So much fun!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ooops, lane not lawn - but I might give it a try!
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job. It can be a little unnerving the first time you start at a gym.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Big hugs to you!! Most people aren't that bad.
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Don’t be ashamed going to gym. You’re there for yourself, not them. Think of it as a home away from home where you can run away from actual life .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!