Joined Premium

Options
jbarr9011
jbarr9011 Posts: 26 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Anyone else joined the premium? After joining I don't see much difference.

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think I need it. I can lose weight, monitor my food and macros without it.

But for some it gives them more flexibility and information and I gather there are no adverts. So it depends on what you need.
  • jbarr9011
    jbarr9011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks manderson27. I feel the same way. I was hoping that premium would enable me to be able to export my diary for the week so that I can see my macro-nutrients totals for the week. I guess I can always enter them in MSExcel each day.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    There's more of a difference in the MFP app. Here's some differences:
    • The ads are not so in-your-face (I joined in 2012 — it never used to be like that but oh well).
    • You can track macros instead of calories.
    • Rather than counting calories day by day you can do it so there's a meal-by-meal calorie total (but you can't do it with macros and the day-by-day and week-by-week calorie totals are still the ones you'll be looking at).
    • For extra money you can get personalised help from an MFP professional but I don't know what they do for you.

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head. It would be useful if you were focusing on macros, but then again, you can still track macros on the web version sufficiently well. I thought that the premium add-ons for the smartphone version were gimmicky, and not really worth it.