Step counter

if you are doing a step counter what is your daily goal? and what is your average daily count. i just started keeping track so my goal is 6000 steps

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I have one on my phone. It's set to 6,500. Often reach 7,000, but my record is 14,151.

This of course is not as accurate as gadgets worn on your wrist, but I don't consider it important enough to bother.
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I have one on my phone. It's set to 6,500. Often reach 7,000, but my record is 14,151.

This of course is not as accurate as gadgets worn on your wrist, but I don't consider it important enough to bother.

I do the Map my walk but i wanted to see how much am i actually walking in a day. however i find myself wanting to walk more because i want to hit my goal
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Today my goal is 12,840 and it's not likely I'll make it. I was able to do more hiking than usual last week and my goal got up to 17,000 steps, but it's been coming back down to something more reasonable. But tomorrow I'll either hike or ski, either will raise my goal.

(Garmins change your goal every day. If you reach your goal today it will go up tomorrow, if not it will go down.)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Currently it’s 10,000.

A couple years ago I had it set to 15k, but at the time I was averaging 12k steps a day without a problem. Then I had surgery and have been pretty lazy about getting back into what had been my normal routine.

Let’s see, my best day was 36,370 steps earlier this year. I was determined to try and finish Fitbit’s Valley Loop Race Challenge in first place. I finished in second place.
  • heathermking42
    heathermking42 Posts: 7 Member
    My goal is 10'000 but I think I will up it to 14'000 since I average 14'330 a day. I'm a waitress, so it's not hard to get lots of steps in the run of an average workday.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    I use my phone as well. It's set to 10K steps a day, but I'm a runner, so don't usually have trouble hitting that. I think 6K per day is an excellent goal, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    I use my phone as well. It's set to 10K steps a day, but I'm a runner, so don't usually have trouble hitting that. I think 6K per day is an excellent goal, OP. :flowerforyou:

Thank you.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    I work an office/desk job and I have my goal set at 7,000 per day with my FitBit. It's a GOAL that I reach maybe two or three days per week, and 6,000 is closer to my actual daily average. But that's why they call it goal!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    My goal is set to 10k but I don't usually reach it. I work an office job. Usually on days I go for a run I hit my step goal, but not on the other days. Unless it's a weekend day and we are out doing something active. Lately I've only been hitting 5k if I'm lucky because of nausea/fatigue..
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Mine is set to 8,000, but I try to get at least 10,000 per day as a goal on top of what my tracker's goal is set to.