I saw a picture of myself...

...in a group with others, and it wasn’t pretty. I don’t know why, but I’m having such a hard time getting my head in the game. I can give other people advice all day long, but I have a hard time following it myself. Feeling discouraged.

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    You're not alone...It happens to me too. I know I can be and do so much more. We gotta focus and be honest with ourselves
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Be kind to yourself, it happens to all of us, but it won't last. Your motivation will kick in!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    ...in a group with others, and it wasn’t pretty. I don’t know why, but I’m having such a hard time getting my head in the game. I can give other people advice all day long, but I have a hard time following it myself. Feeling discouraged.

I have always been super self-critical about my appearance. And as an introvert I always assume I'm embarrassing myself somehow anyway. So I decided to just focus on the numbers, and getting healthier. Otherwise I knew I'd never feel like it "worked". So try to focus on other goals and accomplishments than what you see in pictures.

Also, I've seen some really awful pictures of people who I always think look great in person. For all you know, those people in the photo with you might have thought you looked awesome on that day, but the picture had you at a bad angle or something like that. You know the right things to do, just keep doing them and moving forward and getting better. Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    I have lots of unflattering pictures of myself, for sure. One family photo especially bugs me, since my sister-in-law framed it and it sits on her mantle for everyone to see all the time. Ugh! See that profile photo of me? I used that one on the left (taken at a family picnic) as a motivator. The one on the right is at goal weight. I've gained a couple pounds back and am back to logging. I could beat myself up about the backsliding, I suppose. Oh, well. Pretend to have your head in the game, and you'll eventually get back into it! Faking it worked for me.