Options
gilko93
gilko93 Posts: 27 Member
:(

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pounds per week is relative to the overall amount of weight you have to lose. The more you have to lose, the faster it can potentially come off. Close to goal = slow weight loss.

1500 is the default minimum for a male. So unless you are (unintentionally) over eating, I would say that your weekly weight loss is about all you should reasonably expect. If you are very short AND inactive 1500 is about right for you. Plenty of men eat more and still manage to lose weight at a reasonable pace.
  • gilko93
    Options
    Thanks
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is excellent! don't be sad, be happy about the great success you have had over the last 8 weeks.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 8 weeks is great progress, more than 1lb per week - well done! It sounds like your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

I also agree with those above who mentioned weighing your food, to make sure you really are eating how much you think you are.
  • gilko93
    Options
    Thanks for everyone
  • benjaminnsinger3582
    Options
    It depends on your goals, but 10 is a great start. I’ve lost lots of weight fast before and it always comes back. This time I’m TRYING to go slow so I never have to lose more than 10 lbs again. What I’m saying is sometimes slow is the best way to go. Keep at it, you’re doing great!
  • gilko93
    Options
    Thanks mate