Liquid diet

Anyone on it? 1? 2? 3? Day a week only liquid?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I don't think you are asking the right question. I think the people you need to find are the ones that have been doing it for 3 or more months. Anyone can start any diet. The real test is sticking to it for long enough to get results that are not just water weight.

If you are challenged by hunger on days you do it, it will be really hard to maintain for a long time which is why many people, myself included, think it is a bad idea unless a doctor has ordered it. The exception is religious or meditation purposes for brief periods.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    No.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    No, and with no desire nor need to either. Sorry.
  • Eternally_Hers
    Eternally_Hers Posts: 26 Member
    Only before surgery. And since the last cystoscopy was clear, I'm not facing one in the immediate future. Not putting myself through it if I don't have to.

I agree with this. Surgeons have people do the liquid diet before a weight loss surgery(example : gastric bypass) so that the liver shrinks. Typically liquid diets aren't as filling as whole food so it makes it pretty hard to stick to long term.

Another thing about dieting is not only about weight loss, but how you plan to keep the weight off long term. If you do a liquid diet and plan on going back to whole foods after the liquid diet is done, that's typically when people gain the weight back and even more. I'd suggest finding a diet you wouldn't consider a 'diet', but more of a long term lifestyle change so you can lose the weight and keep it off.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Yea, I drink liquid with my diet. Lol why would you do just a plain liquid diet?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My unvarnished opinion? Destined to fail, no matter how many days a week you plan to do it.

If you were not already married pinup. Just saying!😀