Binge Eating Support

Options
I'm looking for a few friends who struggle with binge eating and are actively recovering.

Back story: I'm a fitness professional who has dedicated my career to helping my clients achieve the fitness level and bodies they dream of. But sometimes the supporter also needs some support.

On the outside, I look like I have achieved success in fitness. However, as anyone who struggles with binge eating knows, this is closet behavior and the outside is often not a true reflection of the battles that take place behind closed doors.

I would like to connect with some new friends that understand the struggle, and would like to lose 10-15 lbs.

Replies

• sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am Sherri. I have struggled with binge eating since I was a child. Not only that but I also struggle with a diet pop addiction. Please feel free to add me! I will more than be happy to be a friend to help you.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Are there any helpful books anyone here has read regarding binge eating and overcoming it?
  • MN_Meg
    MN_Meg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m a binge eater and food addict. I’d love to offer and gain support for those of us who struggle with these challenges/issues. Today was a bad day for me...grazing and stress eating put me way over for carbs, fat and sodium. Argh 😤
  • bajanbeauty19
    bajanbeauty19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also a binge eater and can use all the support I can get on this matter.
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    right there with you! Here for encouragement and advice as well
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Long time binge eater here. I do it when i'm sad, stressed, bored, etc. I've been able to lose lots of weight, but it caused a lot of setbacks. I'm still struggling with it. :'(
  • nsparks_115
    nsparks_115 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a binge eater. I have lost weight before when my mindset was right and stayed busy. I cant seem to get back in the groove. I gained a lot of weight. I'm here for all of you and for advice also.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am Sherri. I have struggled with binge eating since I was a child. Not only that but I also struggle with a diet pop addiction. Please feel free to add me! I will more than be happy to be a friend to help you.

I'm in Sherri's boat. I can drink a ton of diet soda (Coke Zero specifically) and I also tend to binge eat. I can go all day without eating, but once I start to eat it takes a lot of will power to stop. And this goes even if I ate reasonably during the day.

Any advice or help you need I'll be glad to contribute.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's really great to see that we're not alone :)

Good luck everyone, we can do this!
  • Donniedoit
    Donniedoit Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There's an overeaters anonymous group near me, but the thought of going makes me want to binge eat 🙈 however when I'm having one of those days, I am able to turn it around if I catch it soon enough, never thought that there might be an alternative trigger, always just kicked myself for being weak.
  • verathefitmom
    verathefitmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I also have that problem. Although I can usually go without binge eating for a couple of months, it always comes back to haunt me. Right now I'm constantly stressed out and don't have any time for myself and so what do I do in the evenings? That's right. -.- New friends appreciated.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Same here, I struggle with overeating and binge-eating too. Usually it's late at night between 9 and 11pm, and I'm usually wanting sugar/carbs because of the lack of energy by that time. To combat this, I hit the gym instead of the kitchen and it works like a charm.
  • fitlauzza
    fitlauzza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Allie! I'm also a fitness professional who struggles with binge eating. Would love to connect with you so we can help each other out :)
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    hi Allie,
    i started binge eating due to some traumatic episodes in my childhood & it has been a struggle since - as soon as I have " issues" in my life , I will go back to " binge eating " - something will trigger it . I think its learning to "condition " yourself so that you dont respond to an upsetting emotional issue by instinctively returning to the binge eating pattern of the past . Let's support each other
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I now turn to yoga and meditation, rather than food when faced with the boredom or frustration that usually led to my binges.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    @concordancia ,
    do you find that yoga reduces binge eating urges ? i find it more effective than other exercises .
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    lizziequek wrote: »
    @concordancia ,
    do you find that yoga reduces binge eating urges ? i find it more effective than other exercises .

It has been successful at times. I have a clear memory of slamming the front door as my distracted husband rode away on his bike without saying goodbye, thinking chocolate and getting out the mat, instead. I felt way better than if I had started with the chocolate and moved onto goodness knows what. And after the yoga, the urge was gone.

To be fair, I am currently suffering from an adverse reaction to a medication and eating like a bariatric patient, so binging hasn't been an issue for the last six weeks. Yoga is still helping my mood and energy levels.

I am currently doing Yoga with Adriene 30 Days of Yoga, although I have to modify a lot. I also like some of the Yoga Zone DVD and the Down Dog app.
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am a closet binge eater also. please add as a friend.