Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I don't add my meds to my food log...

So I've been sick the past couple of days and today I noticed that my C pack, airborne, and the alkaseltzer pack I have been taking have calories... Haven't been adding them to my daily diary... At the same time it's been a struggle to even get to my calories since my appetite is almost non-existent. Is it even worth adding to my food diary?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    no
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I don't log medicine when I'm sick. I know it has calories, but I focus my energy on getting well. I don't want to eat less food due to calories from cough syrup or whatever.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    I agree with the above. You should be focusing on getting better and not worrying about how many calories your medication has or adding it into your diary
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    no
  • IamtheFire139
    IamtheFire139 Posts: 5 Member
    Yeah that's what I figured. I was more curious to see if anyone a actually does that. Trust me, I'm not concerned about the cals in my med packs vs. me getting better lol
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Yeah that's what I figured. I was more curious to see if anyone a actually does that. Trust me, I'm not concerned about the cals in my med packs vs. me getting better lol

Good thinking. I log my daily supplements but not for the calories. I like to see where I am with some micronutrients. I don't log medications
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    No, and I would not worry about calories while sick. Your body needs the energy to heal. Try to eat at maintenance, if you have the appetite.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2018
    I did for a while because I used to forget taking them, even with the daily boxes to remind me. Now it's not necessary.

Edit to add I have daily and monthly prescription meds. But I never log the "because I'm sick" meds.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I wouldn't bother logging medicine unless you want a record of when you took them.