My Dr. Called me fat...😩

Options

Replies

• NashvilleRealtor
    NashvilleRealtor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    Why would you not just delete the thread with (presumably) your pic on it, as opposed to closing your account and leaving the thread intact?

It's a bit of a roundabout process to get your thread deleted, and most new users don't know how (the whole report and request thing).

I don't understand why people are saying my account is deleted.... Did I do something 😳
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Why would you not just delete the thread with (presumably) your pic on it, as opposed to closing your account and leaving the thread intact?

It's a bit of a roundabout process to get your thread deleted, and most new users don't know how (the whole report and request thing).

I don't understand why people are saying my account is deleted.... Did I do something 😳

Changed your username....

I think it was different before?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    was going to comment but then I noticed OP's profile has vanished lol

I'm here 😊

Aha. The name change temporary disappearance :wink:
  • NashvilleRealtor
    Options

I just changed my username.. since the previous was my email. That's all
  • NashvilleRealtor
    Options
    bchernes wrote: »
    😂 my doctor pinched my stomach and said I was overweight and " had more than I needed"
    So that really bummed me out but I decided to finally start using this resource to track my food and get excited about losing weight 😐
    Which seems super complected right now.. but in the process I hope to find people that motivate me and I can't wait to read all of your success stories.
    So, what's your reason for being here?

The same reason as you, though he didn't need to pinch, it was pretty damn visible :D

😄
  • NvrGivUpM8
    NvrGivUpM8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that the Dr. has a poor bed side manner!

Hope you are okay.....?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm not sure I get the outrage towards the doctor to be honest.

I mean he did a fairly standard pinch test and provided an observation, hardly unprofessional. In fact that's exactly his profession. To notice, confirm and advice on health factors so I'd see it as the epitome of professionalism in that he's taking a genuine interest in his patients well-being and not just treating immediate symptoms and shoving them out the door.

See, I didn't read it as a 'fairly standard pinch test' at all (is there such a thing?) I'm examining my past experiences with doctors to see if I can figure out why I reacted so strongly and am coming up blank. They've all been thoroughly professional. Obviously something is causing me to read this in a different light as you and several others. Something to ponder...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

I mean he did a fairly standard pinch test and provided an observation, hardly unprofessional. In fact that's exactly his profession. To notice, confirm and advice on health factors so I'd see it as the epitome of professionalism in that he's taking a genuine interest in his patients well-being and not just treating immediate symptoms and shoving them out the door.

Not sure what type of doctors you are going to - I’ve never had one do a pinch test that wasn’t discussed and agreed to (which based on the OP’s initial post didn’t seem to be) - and yes I could stand to lose weight and am overweight
  • NashvilleRealtor
    Options

I just changed my username.. since the previous was my email. That's all

I was just reminding my kids about not revealing any personal info online. I'm afraid both of your usernames just became an example of what not to do :(

What your Dr. did was unprofessional and icky. It's fine if you want to lose a few lbs, but I'd lose that Dr. too.

Heyyyy just in case anyone is looking for a realtor in Nashville 😉 you know who to contact hehe
    But I totally agree with you!
  • NashvilleRealtor
    Options

Not sure what type of doctors you are going to - I’ve never had one do a pinch test that wasn’t discussed and agreed to (which based on the OP’s initial post didn’t seem to be) - and yes I could stand to lose weight and am overweight

And to be totally honest I wasn't even going in for him to check my weight or an annual check-up. It was something completely unrelated 😳
  • NashvilleRealtor
    Options

Just wanted to point out that I wasn't going to the doctor for a checkup or anything to do with my weight.. what he did was just odd and nothing like I've ever felt with a Dr. that's all
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I think if nothing else it was a bit unprofessional especially for a first visit and can understand why the OP felt a bit uncomfortable. Doctors need to touch you for a lot of reasons, being fat is not one of them. They can see that and weigh you if they need proof.

The usual thing for doctors in my experience, male and female is they inform you if they are going to touch you and ask permission. E.G. "I am just going to feel your tummy is that Ok? Or I am just going to insert this HUGE needle you may feel a little scratch is that ok?"

On the other hand I wouldn't give a toss if my doctor said I was fat because I am.