Options
13»

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    OP to me it is all about Choices
    So far I am on day 227.
    I have learned what my total carb, fat, protein allowance is each day. Which yes comes to a calorie allowance.
    So I plan on Sunday what main meals will be for week, and prepare, cut, chop and bag snacks for the week.
    And the super cool thing I have learned from all these people here on MFP, that gee I never figured out on my own.
    Bank 50-75 calories 3 or 4 days a week, so I could use them on the weekend. How cool is that!!
    Plus I am learning all different ways to cook foods, more healthy, lots more spices, adding different things together than I ever did before. And so yummy.
    And for 3 weeks in December went to maintainence mode, instead of losing mode. And enjoying every day.
    And if I want an extra serving of Christmas Cookies like I had yesterday, I went and did some extra spin time. And felt like it was a perfect trade off.

Best of all I do not feel deprived at all.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Someone around here posts a phrase similar to this and I like it, I don't know who it is though:

I can eat whatever foods I want, just not all of them at the same time.

Just because you cant mindlessly pig out on all the things at once doesn't mean you'll never enjoy that one food you really like. You will always have other opportunities to eat that food.

Also I think part of coming to terms with all of this is realizing that happiness/joy in life doesn't only come from food. There are lots of other things in life that make you happy. You can still enjoy life even if you're not indulging in 8 slices of pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc. every day.

I also just feel good about myself when I know I'm living a healthy lifestyle.

I cant remember who said it either, but their words really stuck with me. Basically you get to pick two of three. Eat what you want, when you want, and however much you want, but never all three at the same time.

@kommodevaran?

Is she still banned?

Her profile pic showed just now when I went into her profile. Not sure.

Pic still shows on profile but not on posts here, so still persona non grata.

:sad:
  • dixoncheyenne
    dixoncheyenne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I felt the same, it was like my metabolism changed overnight. I began to feel a lot better after eating clean consistently & then eating some guilty pleasure food. I realized when I ate unhealthy stuff I felt like crap, but eating well made me feel good & energized. Eating garbage is a nice break now & then, but my tastes have even changed & a lot of it is too rich/sweet/salty/processed for me to want it in bulk anymore. Plus in time you’ll find healthy recipes you’ll love that still satisfy your cravings. Consistency is the important thing!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was amazed by how many calories I was ingesting and what I really needed to fuel my daily workouts. I read several articles and focused on the differences between hunger and appetite and discovered most of my urges were not hunger, but appetite.

Now I have varying days where I have an insatiable appetite and some where I have no appetite, but I have the routine established and habits reinforced by this that even on an off day where I down a plate of cookies - it's just one day. Own it. Learn from it and move on.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Keto and I make keto friendly pizza all the time. The base is mozzarella cheese with home made tomato sauce, more cheese and whatever other toppings. It's an all toppings pizza basically lol and it's delicious and hits the spot. You just have to figure out how to not feel too deprived on whatever diet you're doing.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's all about the uniqueness of every single human being. It would be so easy if all of us would react exactly the same, if all of us would have the same trigger points. Over many months (259 days so far) I have come up with a solution I am happy with and I can work with. I found out about my trigger food - BREAD! any kind of bread and just about any amount. I take it easy on overly starchy food stuff and find new ways of replacing them. I also prepare a daily meal plan where I include other food items I really enjoy. I take it meal by meal, portion by portion. I am still learning about portion size control but with the enormous help of MFP and its members I am making slow progress.

One of the claims in the original South Beach Diet was that no one ever binges on whole grain bread served with a good fat. Wanna bet?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, that's classic . . .

Sounds like a 'Hold my beer' moment :lol:

Not to mention they consider olive oil to be a "good" fat. Nothing like some extra-virgin olive oil and a baguette for an easy 3,000 calories.

OMG toast. I could eat whole-grain toast with butter all day long.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Keto and I make keto friendly pizza all the time. The base is mozzarella cheese with home made tomato sauce, more cheese and whatever other toppings. It's an all toppings pizza basically lol and it's delicious and hits the spot. You just have to figure out how to not feel too deprived on whatever diet you're doing.

How can cheese be the base? Doesn't it... you know... melt?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i tried one of the keto pizzas - i think it was like puree'd chicken breast that formed the base with cheese on top...it was ok...but too much fat for my liking overall (one serving was 1/2 pizza that was about 120g and had like 15g fat)