Staying between 225-230 eating whatever I want

Options
Hey everyone :)

I am a 21 year old female, 5’7 who has a toddler. After giving birth and for the past year, I have been able to stay around 230 eating “whatever” I want. I rarely drink sodas but I love to eat out at dinner with my husband, which is usually bad foods that I don’t count calories. I never seem to go over 230, and when I try to keep my calories under 2000 a day with exercise I never seem to get under 220 pounds without giving up. It seems like a cycle that has happened 2-3 times the past year or so. I am really giving up hope. It is hard to eat well at dinner time and my husbands days off because he eats junk. I am not the shallow type that wants to be skinny to attract other men or whatever, I really just want to be healthy and feel good about myself! I guess I am looking for some support because everything I have tried I eventually fail at guys :(

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

I am a 21 year old female, 5’7 who has a toddler. After giving birth and for the past year, I have been able to stay around 230 eating “whatever” I want. I rarely drink sodas but I love to eat out at dinner with my husband, which is usually bad foods that I don’t count calories. I never seem to go over 230, and when I try to keep my calories under 2000 a day with exercise I never seem to get under 220 pounds without giving up. It seems like a cycle that has happened 2-3 times the past year or so. I am really giving up hope. It is hard to eat well at dinner time and my husbands days off because he eats junk. I am not the shallow type that wants to be skinny to attract other men or whatever, I really just want to be healthy and feel good about myself! I guess I am looking for some support because everything I have tried I eventually fail at guys :(

I'm your height and lose weight eating 2000 calories with exercise, so suspect you are eating more than 2000 calories.

No reason why you can't eat out - you just need to eat smaller portions. I always plan to only eat half my entree.

I used to split pizza with my OH before I finally realized how foolish this is - he is a foot taller than me and needs more calories. Now I have 3/8 of the pizza plus a large salad.

My OH eats junk too. You'll find strategies so you eat less of it :)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and tracking all your food now?
  • arilukaszewicz1
    arilukaszewicz1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »

I am when I don’t give up, I def lose weight when i stay under 2000 calories. The problem is I give up :(
  • arilukaszewicz1
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am going to start eating half of my meal if we eat out. Idk why I haven’t done that in the past. Thank you for inspiring me further :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

I am when I don’t give up, I def lose weight when i stay under 2000 calories. The problem is I give up :(

What makes you give up? Boredom? Feeling too restricted? Basically, you are going to have to address that and not give up in order to make more progress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

maybe think about what lifestyle changes you need to make over time so that starting and stopping isn't a thing any more.

sustainable changes, however small are better than jumping into cutting out all sorts of yummy foods that you cant ever stick to long term.
  • arilukaszewicz1
    Options

What makes you give up? Boredom? Feeling too restricted? Basically, you are going to have to address that and not give up in order to make more progress.

I think it’s because I am a stay at home mom and it’s easy to eat when I want
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

maybe think about what lifestyle changes you need to make over time so that starting and stopping isn't a thing any more.

sustainable changes, however small are better than jumping into cutting out all sorts of yummy foods that you cant ever stick to long term.

This. Find the reason why and make adjustments.

Example: I'm at home alone and food is there so I just can't help myself.

Option: Take toddler out to the park for a few hours and bring water to drink while having a good dis traction from your impulse.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I started to lose weight when I logged all my meals, set weekly behavioural goals, re-evaluated with an accountability partner.

I need frequent validation to keep inspired. The weekly goals help with that.

I also bore easily so if I feel that setting in, I change my strategy.

For instance, I’ve switched from Zumba to walking, to charity walks, to running, to signing up for runs. Having in between goals keep me going.