Should I delete my account?

Options
2»

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm in the obsessive is OK camp. I am a little caught up in it myself right now and it's also the first time in ten years that I have felt successful and motivated a month in. Heck, I think it's the first time in ten years I have made it a whole month! I don't give a flip if I have to be obsessive for a while if that's what it takes for me to get this weight off.
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why fix what's not broken? It's working for you. Stick with it. What's the harm?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with MFP too. I still like it, but I'm not a slave to it like I used to be. Give it some time if you think you're just addicted to MFP. However, if food and exercise is what is on your mind all the time, you need to take a step back and think objectively about your situation, and decide how to proceed with it.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    I believe you have to be obsessive to be successful. After obsession comes "way of life" mode. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this...I have decided that I am worth the time and effort! Obbsessed with being a better me? Heck yes...it all works for the better for everyone around me

Sorry guys but I don't agree. While I can understand the mentality of it, I don't think it's healthy to become obsessed at all. It makes social situations awkward and it can drive people away.

I used to be obsessed (still am a bit now). I used to avoid having a social life because I was afraid of ruining my diet and I drove an ex boyfriend away because it was all I talked about was food/diets etc. I used to make myself sick after he had taken me out for meals and in the end it drove him crazy. I know the purging is an extreme example, but I strongly believe that obsession can lead to this-as it did with me. Granted not everyone is the same and I am in no way insinuating that you do this!

Anyway, I guess that's why this website is great, as we are all on similar journeys and can support each other, as sometimes our loved ones fail in that department!

As for your dilemma, I say stick with MFP and like others have said, plan ahead, that way you have a rough idea of where you are and what you have to spare etc.

:smile:
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think everyone who joins MFP and is really committed to losing weight becomes obsessive on here. After a while it does become a way of life. I was just like you. Everytime I was going to eat something I had to go log it. Now I plan my meals and snacks ahead of time or at least whenever possible. When you can't you learn to make smarter choices. Of course the planned meals are subject to change but this works for me.
    I have 2 lbs to go to goal. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I always plan ahead.. and even plan my exercise in so I know exactly how much I have to play with.

At times I do feel obsessed but there is no way I would have lost 25 pounds or want to go lower if I wasn't... when I do stat feeling a bit obsessed, I remind myself that its just food and whatever happens can always be un-done.. even if it takes a few days.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was starting to think I was getting obsesive too. But I realized running to my computer to log in a meal or workout is not obssesed its being excited about taking control of my weight and making great choices for myself! I am so excited to be part of MFP!