Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any chocoholics on here?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    A day doesn't go by that I don't eat chocolate. And I'm not picky about it (don't judge). :) Right now I'm making my way through a chocolate frog our australian clients brought back and mini nestle crunch bars from Halloween. Not to mention a small serving of reeses pieces.

We won't discuss all the Sees candy we've been getting at work. *sigh* Wayyyyyy too much Sees candy.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I eat a Justin's Organic mini PB cup every night for dessert. It's not much (70 calories) and it really helps quiet my chocolate cravings
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I just eat chocolate. Nothing else scratches the itch and if I try to substitute something else I just end up binging. A candy bar is ~200-250 calories. I can make that fit in my day pretty easily, usually.

Chocolate is healthy, all those good antioxidants! ;)
    This is what I do. Life is just far too short to cut out chocolate. ;)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I have a square or 2 of 88% dark chocolate pretty much every day and did throughout my weight loss.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    I eat dark chocolate Hershey’s kisses every day. They are around 20 calories each. I usually eat between 80 and 200 calories a day of those kisses. I keep a big huge bag of them on hand.

I eat those because they satisfy my chocolate cravings, but I don’t overeat them. I can’t keep Dove promises on hand because I’ll just want to keep eating them until the bag is empty!!!
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    im a chocoholic ( but prefer dark chocolate ro milk & white ). Life has no meaning withouf chocolate !!! Can give up most foods but chocolate would be very very tough .
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I like Endangered Species chocolate - especially the one with the wolf on it, which I think has cranberries? A square is 26 calories, so I can have a couple or three a day.

I recently discovered cacao powder, 20 calories for a spoonful makes Greek yogurt or oatmeal into a fancy dessert. I also shave 85% dark chocolate over my coffee.
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Nope. Just had 100g of Lindt milk chocolate and logged it as dinner ;)
    Fits within my (1200+exercise) calories too.
    I am being cheeky. Of course I don't recommend. I just saw the call to chocoholics while I was finishing the last bite

I, personally, support it once in a rare while...just not Lindt. I have a whole list of other brands I prefer over Lindt, if anyone is interested in that tangent. My husband and I eat enough chocolate that we actually keep a spreadsheet with our comments and ratings.

I hosted a chocolate party last Valentine's Day. We ate nothing but chocolate. It was delicious and we all felt awful the next day. No regrets, but maybe next time I'll make actual dinner to go along with the chocolate.

A spreadsheet for real? Wow you are hardcore chocoholic! I like that
    ETA: your chocolate party reminds me of this chocolate bar in Singapore...and why I gained so much weight living there. Sigh.

I want to go to this place in Singapore!

The spreadsheet was sort of born from necessity. We like trying new chocolate, but after a while we started to forget which ones we had tried and which ones we liked best. Also, I just enjoy data :)

The top milk chocolates on the spreadsheet right now are Scharffen Berger extra rich milk (41%), Endangered Species natural milk (48%), and Tony's Chocolonely (32%). I'm really into dark milk chocolate, usually in the 40-60% range. If you ever find yourself around Raleigh, NC, go to Videri and try their dark milk bar. 55% cacao, one of the best bars I've ever had.

I had Tony's Chocolonely (all varieties) in Copenhagen and it's delicious!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    A day doesn't go by that I don't eat chocolate. And I'm not picky about it (don't judge). :) Right now I'm making my way through a chocolate frog our australian clients brought back and mini nestle crunch bars from Halloween. Not to mention a small serving of reeses pieces.

We won't discuss all the Sees candy we've been getting at work. *sigh* Wayyyyyy too much Sees candy.

Please tell me the frog is a Haigh's one. That chocolate is seriously divine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i have a reeses advent calendar, i must admit i'm very much enjoying my daily cup!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Please tell me the frog is a Haigh's one. That chocolate is seriously divine.

It is! It is! And it is. :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have a small piece of dark chocolate every day as part of my daily calorie budget. I have drastically cut back on all foods. I ate too many calories, that’s how I became overweight. No one food was the culprit for becoming overweight. I’m learning moderation of all food, it’s my plan for becoming, and hopefully this time, staying, a healthy weight.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Chocolate is life! The darker the better, 92% is delicious to me!
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    I used to be a chocoholic. If I went one day without chocolate, then I started thinking about it non-stop. If I craved it, I would get off the couch and go get it. I was actually addicted and I knew it and I didn't care.

Then I had a health scare with my kidneys and later with heart palpitations (both turned out to not be serious). In the first scare, I overhauled my diet to make it more kidney-friendly, though I didn't try very hard at cutting out chocolate. And then with the heart palpitations, my doctor said...no more chocolate or caffeine. So I tried to quit. I was unsuccessful though I did cut way back. And it did lead to bingeing, which I didn't like.

I tried a few things - low sugar/low carb, mainly. During that time, I moved from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. I also cut way down on chocolate pastries. I didn't stick with low carb (I also love pizza and french fries and brownies and ice cream) but the dark chocolate stuck. And it was more satisfying than the chocolate I had been eating before. I also discovered that the chocolate cravings before my TOM was probably because chocolate has a lot of magnesium in it, and magnesium helps with muscle cramps. So I started with a magnesium supplement. And it helped.

Now I have a truffle or square or two nearly every day. It's almost always 50-100 calories. I keep up with the magnesium and the yoga (also very calming). I incorporate other foods with a lot of micronutrients that I was missing. And I also had to accept that weight loss just meant that I'd have to eat less of things I had been eating before. It was hard at first, but now I don't miss it. I make space in my calorie allowance for the chocolate, even if that means I need to do a few flights of stairs or extra lap around the campus at work.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I am being cheeky. Of course I don't recommend. I just saw the call to chocoholics while I was finishing the last bite

I, personally, support it once in a rare while...just not Lindt. I have a whole list of other brands I prefer over Lindt, if anyone is interested in that tangent. My husband and I eat enough chocolate that we actually keep a spreadsheet with our comments and ratings.

I hosted a chocolate party last Valentine's Day. We ate nothing but chocolate. It was delicious and we all felt awful the next day. No regrets, but maybe next time I'll make actual dinner to go along with the chocolate.

ETA: your chocolate party reminds me of this chocolate bar in Singapore...and why I gained so much weight living there. Sigh.

The spreadsheet was sort of born from necessity. We like trying new chocolate, but after a while we started to forget which ones we had tried and which ones we liked best. Also, I just enjoy data :)

The top milk chocolates on the spreadsheet right now are Scharffen Berger extra rich milk (41%), Endangered Species natural milk (48%), and Tony's Chocolonely (32%). I'm really into dark milk chocolate, usually in the 40-60% range. If you ever find yourself around Raleigh, NC, go to Videri and try their dark milk bar. 55% cacao, one of the best bars I've ever had.

Oooh, I just bought three different types of Tony's last night at World Market for stocking stuffers. I'm excited to try them!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    smithker75 wrote: »

I had Tony's Chocolonely (all varieties) in Copenhagen and it's delicious!

Oooh, I just bought three different types of Tony's last night at World Market for stocking stuffers. I'm excited to try them!

Tony’s is a recent discovery for me. I’ve had the seasonal mulled wine bar, the sea salt caramel bar, and a seasonal dark chocolate cherry bar. The first two were both milk chocolate and lovely. I was not as impressed with the dark chocolate cherry, but I think the bar was a little stale. I’m going to give their dark chocolate another try. In the US, I’ve found it reliably at World Market, REI, and especially Raley’s/Nob Hill if you have those. Our Grocery Outlet recently had the mulled wine bars for $2 each.
    I like Endangered Species chocolate - especially the one with the wolf on it, which I think has cranberries? A square is 26 calories, so I can have a couple or three a day.

I recently discovered cacao powder, 20 calories for a spoonful makes Greek yogurt or oatmeal into a fancy dessert. I also shave 85% dark chocolate over my coffee.

I love everything I’ve tried from Endangered Species. The 72% bar is one of my favorite dark chocolates, along with that 48% bar for milk chocolate.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Company dinner was last night with a set menu. Dessert was an oversized chocolate souffle. I ate every bit of it. I knew the dinner would be on the heavy side so I ate light most of the day and it wasn't to bad. I am about 3 pounds below the top of my maintenance range so it shouldn't be a problem. I just can't do that often. But pretty much every day I have some chocolate; some days it is just a fun sized candy bar, but something is chocolate nearly every day.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    If you ever find yourself around Raleigh, NC, go to Videri and try their dark milk bar. 55% cacao, one of the best bars I've ever had.

I live around a 1.5 hour drive from Raleigh and I think I need to plan a trip to go check this place out >:)