5’5” 128 lbs what does that look like

Options
Hi I’ve lost 52 pounds. I still look in mirror I still see myself as180. I would like you to share please pictures if you are 5’5” 128.

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi I’ve lost 52 pounds. I still look in mirror I still see myself as180. I would like you to share please pictures if you are 5’5” 128.

Do you have before and after pictures of yourself that you can look at?
    That seems a more reasonable comparison to assess your results.

I’d be cautious about comparisons to others - bodies that lost over a third of their weight don’t have the same appearance as bodies that have maintained a steady weight, for one reason. The other reason is that we are each carry our bones, muscles and fat differently.

• dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' - My before picture on this thread is at 128, https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10701468/before-and-after-photos-throw-em-up/p6

I entirely agree with the other poster who mentioned that 128 on you and 128 on someone else the same height won't be the same.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dulinh wrote: »
    I'm 5'5'' - My before picture on this thread is at 128, https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10701468/before-and-after-photos-throw-em-up/p6

I entirely agree with the other poster who mentioned that 128 on you and 128 on someone else the same height won't be the same.

i am 134lbs as of this morning and look a lot different to your before.

how much do you weigh now if you don't mind me asking?
  • dulinh
    Options

In the after photo I weighed 122 - a 6 pound difference between the two photos. The after photo is 6 months after adding lifting weights into my routine. The before photo was all cardio based.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

In the after photo I weighed 122 - a 6 pound difference between the two photos. The after photo is 6 months after adding lifting weights into my routine. The before photo was all cardio based.

wow, i presumed you weighed more in the afters, but you look great.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    This is the only vaguely decent picture I have for comparison, 134lbs.

My goal weight is around 130ish though I'm more interested in lowering my bodyfat than worrying about scale weight.

by6lvupnoh5l.jpg
  • dulinh
    Options

wow, i presumed you weighed more in the afters, but you look great.

Aww, thanks!
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm a little shorter and few pounds heavier but I know how you feel - I've lost 45lbs and 37.25 inches this year, but have still been feeling like I'm 190lb. I keep thinking that I still have a ways to go.

Part of the reason might be that I am in old clothes (jeans especially) as I just have not had a chance to buy new yet, part might be the weight loss stall I have had for about a month. However, having said that, over the last couple of days I have had "Holy Crap! I lost 45lbs! I look good!" moments and am ready to celebrate that! Looking at old photos definitely helped me see it (as well as trying on a pair of shorts that literally fell off).

Congratulations on your loss - Own what you have accomplished and enjoy!
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    I'm a little shorter and few pounds heavier but I know how you feel - I've lost 45lbs and 37.25 inches this year, but have still been feeling like I'm 190lb. I keep thinking that I still have a ways to go.

Part of the reason might be that I am in old clothes (jeans especially) as I just have not had a chance to buy new yet, part might be the weight loss stall I have had for about a month. However, having said that, over the last couple of days I have had "Holy Crap! I lost 45lbs! I look good!" moments and am ready to celebrate that! Looking at old photos definitely helped me see it (as well as trying on a pair of shorts that literally fell off).

Congratulations on your loss - Own what you have accomplished and enjoy!

Congratulations!! Go to the thrift shop. That’s what I’ve been doing to get jeans.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Options
    atri04jwwacz.jpeg
    Hepfzs8h6rdqbs.jpeg
    res my before and after
  • dulinh
    Options
    Wow, OP - I can see a big difference! It's hard to notice changes taking place with your own body - the before/after photos really help
  • Halloweenmom31
    Options
    Wow, OP - I can see a big difference! It's hard to notice changes taking place with your own body - the before/after photos really help

Yes it does. I hadn’t seen that before picture in a long time. When I was posting it I finally saw it!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Currently at 5'6 and 121 lbs and lean bulking.
    Doing Strong Curves to gain muscle. z008n9ahbxl8.jpg