New kid on the block

Hi everyone, I signed on yesterday for the first time to this website. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am sooo new to this method (counting calories). I have done weight watchers in the past and it worked for me. I did not stick with it so I gained back all the weight that I lost. I did not do well at all yesterday (my first day) going over my daily 1200 calorie count by 416 calories. Today I did a little better, still went over, but not as much.

Replies

• solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Hello and welcome! This community rocks! Feel free to add me for support : ) Dont beat yourself up too much for 400 calories, just regroup and move on. Good luck on your journey!
  • It definately gets better as time goes on. It is very hard going from eating what you want to a 1200 calorie diet. As you learn what things you can and can not eat you will find yourself making natural choices in no time at all. Myfitnesspal is a great tool to help you achieve your goal. You can customize your site as you wish so that is very helpful
  • Thank you for the words of encouragement. All the best on your journey as well.:smile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Welcome Ladybushin. I like motivating and encouraging people.
  • Thank you to all who responded to my intro. I do appreciate you taking the time to do so.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Hi everyone, I signed on yesterday for the first time to this website. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am sooo new to this method (counting calories). I have done weight watchers in the past and it worked for me. I did not stick with it so I gained back all the weight that I lost. I did not do well at all yesterday (my first day) going over my daily 1200 calorie count by 416 calories. Today I did a little better, still went over, but not as much.

Hi I'm new to counting calories too, something that has helped me is just simply thinking about eating healther choices such as chicken rather than meat, wheat bread instead of white, yogurt instead of ice cream until you get the hang of it and can venture into new things. Also you can always check the database for the amount of cals etc. before you eat it. Feel free to add me for support. Hoped that helped somewhat. You'll get the hang of what works for you. Oh also I forgot to say if you ever feel bad about the amount of calories exercise them off somewhat then you won't feel so bad.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Welcome to the site. It's rough at first to get used to the calorie counting and figuring out the logging. Be patient. Stick with it. It'll be intuitive in no time. Mostly, get a network of people to support you, answer questions and generally cheer you one. The friendships that form here are pretty amazing. Feel free to add me for support if you'd like.