How long do I need to stay in a deficit to lose 3kg?

What do u roughly think? Maybe 3 months? Currently an estimated percentage of my body fat is 28%. I want to get to 16-20%.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    3 kg is within the normal range for weight fluctuations, so it's really hard to say. You should expect an avg loss of around 0.5 lbs per week which can easily hide behind water weight fluctuations. When I lost my last 10 lbs I saw the scale move around 1 lb per month. This is assuming you are already in the healthy weight range for your height and are losing vanity lbs.

If you do lose 0.5lbs per week, yes 3 months would be about right.
  • Sparkle097
    Sparkle097 Posts: 83 Member
    Without any stats it's hard to say. I also think it's quite unlikely that losing 3kg will result in a 10% change in your body fat %. What is your current height and weight?

Ohhh right well my I’m currently 58kg and my height is 5.2ft.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    You havent given any information that would actually tell anyone how to answer the question.

What is the size of your deficit in calories?

500 calorie a day deficit is 1lbs per week. 3 kgs is rougly 6.6 lbs. So 6.6 weeks at that rate. However that loss can be masked by other factors and may take longer to show in a trend.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    The biggest body fat % changes are going to come with some kind of progressive lifting plan and not just weight loss
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    About as long as it would take me to save $943. 🤪
  • Sparkle097
    Sparkle097 Posts: 83 Member
    You havent given any information that would actually tell anyone how to answer the question.

What is the size of your deficit in calories?

500 calorie a day deficit is 1lbs per week. 3 kgs is rougly 6.6 lbs. So 6.6 weeks at that rate. However that loss can be masked by other factors and may take longer to show in a trend.

Lol well I’m on a 250 calorie deficit. Everyone was saying it is better taking it to slow since I only have a low amount of weight to lose.