To Cheat or Not to Cheat This Holiday

Options
So MFP Fam,

Who’s going to stick with all the hard work and weight loss they’ve accomplished during today’s dinner; and who’s going to have somewhat of a tremendous cheat day?

I’m going to stay strong and stick to my healthy eating habits and lose 13 lbs by January 31st to reach my goal weight of 💯 lbs ‼️😁

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am not too worried about cheating but more interested in portion control. We had our big dinner last night (24. Dec.) and overall I went well over my daily calorie allocation - a lot! Today are still some delicious left - overs I will be picking on but as of tomorrow I will be back to my usual meal plan. So I am not stressing and I will visit the scale next week Monday only.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    I ate a reasonable amount on Christmas Day. Dinner was turkey and veg. There was a nice dessert and a few cookies and chocolates. All good. :)

And I burned 500-ish calories with exercise.

All planned ... no cheating. And nothing too extravagant. :)
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've just had scrambled eggs mixed with cottage cheese on an English muffin with steamed brussels sprouts on the side and it was delicious. Brussel sprouts made all the difference to make it look Christmassy haha :D
  • glamorousAdvocate
    glamorousAdvocate Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm cooking this year, so I might as well indulge a little bit in what I worked so hard for, right? Doing all that work does burn calories and work up an appetite, so I'm going to try to stay at maintenance, not deficit, so I can eat my fill and then go take a nap with the family. Most of the time I'm severely (but not unhealthily, I hope) under my deficit anyway, so I am not too concerned.

There's no reason to deprive oneself. It's not cheating, it's enjoying time with family and good food! That's why it's called a feast. It's only one day, and I'm considering it a reward for all the hard work I've been doing!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Senata76 wrote: »
    I've just had scrambled eggs mixed with cottage cheese on an English muffin with steamed brussels sprouts on the side and it was delicious. Brussel sprouts made all the difference to make it look Christmassy haha :D

I've recently discovered that 80 - 100 grams of Brussels sprouts (and cauliflower), along with fat, a protein and starch, is amazingly filling.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'll still retain my small deficit but the day will be no less tremendous.

Due to my powerlifting schedule I usually count calories in December to shed a couple pounds after 4-5 of months of eating reseaonbaly without counting.

Either way is healthy to me.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Senata76 wrote: »

I've recently discovered that 80 - 100 grams of Brussels sprouts (and cauliflower), along with fat, a protein and starch, is amazingly filling.

It's true - I was trying to tell you all that in another thread when I was extolling the virtues of brussels sprouts ;) But yes - I have a bunch of rendered duck fat to use and I suspect some of it will go into cooking brussels sprouts
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a walk. Today and yesterday more of eating a bit over a deficit but no going hog wild. And tomorrow right back at it. Enjoyed the Sangria a friend made here at the house.
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If I am to continue onward with this weight loss and then maintain it, indulgence a few times a year needs to be a part of it. So I enjoyed the extras today and tomorrow will be either a maintenance or modest deficit day.

Now off to get in a spectacular leg workout after ingesting so much dietary fuel! :p