Replies

• busylady48
    busylady48 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I am.
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did medifast years ago. Lost weight. Put it back. It’s not realistic.
  • morgensky
    morgensky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am! My co worker had great success with it. Started yesterday. Very strict. Just what I need.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    No. I did a quick google search and it looks like another money collection scheme similar to herbal life

Not to mention the first google result's descriptive text is this: "We are agents of transformation, we are brand led and mission driven. OPTAVIA? is our brand. Optimal Wellbeing? is our mission."

They seem to be questioning their own product. /sarcasm

Regardless, to answer your question..... no I'm not doing Optavia. Free options work for me.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im curious if anyone has joined or heard of Optavia? From what I see this is Medifast that has been renamed. I see some amazing results but I am worried about what happens when you have to go off there products. I would like to follow the requirements with real food and see if I see any results. I'm just curious if anyone has taken this approach or know someone that has taken this approach and if they had similar results to Optavia/Medifast results? Thanks!
  • dpaddy591
    dpaddy591 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did it for four days. It was horrible. The cost of the food was $400. I can not do soy so my box was full of mostly drinks. I honestly do not know how anyone can stay on the diet. You get about 800 calories a day. I was constantly hungry but had no desire to eat any of the horrible tasting food. The picture of the mac and cheese shows a small bowl of noodles in cheese. What you get is a bowl full of powdered cheese with about 20 tiny noodles. The tomato soup tasted like cardboard. Seriously the worst food I have ever eaten. I was drinking five "fuelings" a day and eating one meal. The shake/smoothies were drinkable but all of them tasted a little chemically. The hot chocolate and the popcorn weren't bad. I'd ask for a refund but my "coach" is a friend.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I do calorie counting. It's what works for me. :)
  • run2live75
    run2live75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been trying it. Don't agree with it completely. Everything is the same as I already know... eat meals about every 2-3 hours, and either you eat 2 regular meals in a day or 1. depends on the plan you are on. The food isn't that bad, but it's the same as everything.. it is a mental game. Looking at things as a lifestyle change not a diet. And being able to maintain that when you are at your goal and/or not being an emotional eater and binging at the drop of a dime.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Im curious if anyone has joined or heard of Optavia? From what I see this is Medifast that has been renamed. I see some amazing results but I am worried about what happens when you have to go off there products. I would like to follow the requirements with real food and see if I see any results. I'm just curious if anyone has taken this approach or know someone that has taken this approach and if they had similar results to Optavia/Medifast results? Thanks!

Yes. It's called the eat-less-move-more plan. Eat less (real) food than your body can burn in a day and you *will* lose weight.

Because science. :)

Lost 75 lbs in just under a year, reached my goal weight and have been in maintenance ever since.
  • Ashfolle
    Ashfolle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in a month sticking to Optavia strictly and I'm going back to it because:
    1. Groceries are almost more expensive than the darn
    Fuelings they offer
    2. I need to lose a lot in a short period of time for medical reasons
    3. If you follow the plans correctly and eat the vitamin fused fuel it's not bad at all
    4. I am too lazy to cook a lot
    5. They have a very specific transition program for after you hit your goal weight
    6. I do not expect to stay on it forever but some strong people do
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Ashfolle wrote: »
    I lost 40 pounds in a month sticking to Optavia strictly and I'm going back to it because:
    1. Groceries are almost more expensive than the darn
    Fuelings they offer
    2. I need to lose a lot in a short period of time for medical reasons
    3. If you follow the plans correctly and eat the vitamin fused fuel it's not bad at all
    4. I am too lazy to cook a lot
    5. They have a very specific transition program for after you hit your goal weight
    6. I do not expect to stay on it forever but some strong people do

Why not go with frozen meals like Jenny Craig? At least they're halfway edible, actual food, and probably less expensive. Losing 40 pounds in a month will inevitably lead to weight regain... the body's not meant to handle that drastic of a calorie cut. And losing 40 pounds to regain 60 in 6 months might not be ideal for your health goals either.