Bowflex dumbbell

Options
Since I deal with anxiety, that has came on strong with in the last few years, not sure if it's stress or what???

I brought bowflex dumbbell 5-90lb adjustable and grab an app with ton of suggestion workouts, I also have a adjustable bench.

I came here to see if anyone here just uses dumbbell for there workout and how do you feel about getting ever part of the body done.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    You pretty much can do the same exercises with dumbbells as you can with any other weights. On line FitnessBlender has a series of dumbbell work outs you can follow. But, this is only one suggestion of the many out there.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I hired a strength trainer and he recommended dumbbells since I don’t live near a gym. I’m doing full body exercises 3x a week with only dumbbells. I also got the bow flex adjustable ones. I’m a shorter female so they are a tiny awkward at times but I’m getting used to them.

I do squats, hip thrusters, overhead and floor press along with a standing bent over row. I’m still at 1 set but I expect that to change with my Jan meet with him.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I use dumbbells only, whether at home or at the gym. They work well for me due to a neck issue that causes an imbalance in my body. Using dumbbells helps me keep my balance in check better than using a bar. They are just as effective, too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm running, but I use dumbbells a lot. I still do mostly full body compound movements with them and pretty minimal isolation stuff.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can find something here that could be modified for lower body to still use dumbbells.
    Upper body is much easier to just do it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

This should allow progressing on up to that 180 lbs available, at which point some modifications (again probably lower body) will keep allowing progress.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I used them for about a year now, I just been looking into more workouts to add in.

I do miss the bench and maxing out
  • PaigeAnderson1793
    PaigeAnderson1793 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    You pretty much can do the same exercises with dumbbells as you can with any other weights. On line FitnessBlender has a series of dumbbell work outs you can follow. But, this is only one suggestion of the many out there.

I second this. I have been using fitnessblender workouts for years, and they truly are the best.