can I lose weight but keep from getting a slim face?

Hello everyone,
I lost around 5kg last year and was very happy about it but I hated my face! It got so slim.
Now I gained a couple of kgs back and I'm happy about my face but not body 😂😂
Is there a way to keep from getting a slim face? Please help!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,846 Member
    Nope you can't. It's genetically determined where you lose fat. I rather weigh a bit more than have a too slim face, as this is also the place where I lose first.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Part of it comes from the natural shape of your face - ovals and squares can look good even when very thin.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    I wish I could do the opposite. I've lost weight and am mostly happy with how my body looks, but my face still looks fat.
  • bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    I really wish this was posisble because I am the same. When my weight is up my face looks better. When the scale goes down my face looks too thin and much older but my body looks better. If I have to choose....I'll take the body over the fuller face. Sucks but it is what it is
  • RulaAsaad
    RulaAsaad Posts: 71 Member
    How does recomp work?
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2018
    DanaDark wrote: »
    For your situation, you need a recomp. Basically keep your fat number but lower the percentage. You do this by adding muscle. So, you'll have the fat in your face to give you a healthy look as well as the body that looks leaner too.

Wrong, this is not how recomposition works.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2018
    RulaAsaad wrote: »
    How does recomp work?

Eat at/around maintenance while following a lifting program. You can lose some fat and gain some muscle and basically reshape your body. You stay around the same weight doing this. It's a very slow process but a good one if you're not interested in bulk/cut cycles.

A good read on the topic: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Recomp doesn't help how thin your face will be. If you lose fat and add muscle your face will look thinner... unless you find a way to add muscle to your face in exactly the same distribution of your facial fat.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Recomp doesn't help how thin your face will be. If you lose fat and add muscle your face will look thinner... unless you find a way to add muscle to your face in exactly the same distribution of your facial fat.

Yep, no way to know where the fat will come from.
  • RulaAsaad
    RulaAsaad Posts: 71 Member
    guess I'm done with losing weight then hehe
    thank you all so very much <3<3
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Lose the weight and try a filler like Volbella for the face?