TOFU SHIRATAKI NOODLES! 40 cals? Seriously??

Options
I've seen some posts here about Tofu Shirataki Noodles and the whole serving being about 40-45 cals?!?! Sounds amazing. However I can't seem to find it! Where have you purchased yours and what are some great recipes? I'd love to explore new options!!

Replies

• zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    They sell em at whole foods.
    I usually just use in place of pasta.

They also have a green noodle that taste great with light alfredo sauce.

Just beware they require some handling care as they smell right out of the bag.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I don't care for them. The texture is kind of rubbery.
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They are sold at most food stores, easy to find, they replace pasta and come in fettucini, angel hair etc...kept in the cold section of stores. I get mine at Food Emporium or Fairway Market. Cheap and cheerful!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've got the miracle noodles, which are 0 cals. But they really MUSt be eaten with some kind of sauce.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I like "No Oodles," found at Mollie Stone's. They have zero of everything and I love them--very filling! My fave way to make them is put them in with some stir-fried eggplant/mushrooms/peppers combo, which I season with some curry sauce, a teeny bit of cayenne pepper, sesame seeds, and garlic salt. So good!
  • stephenson6
    Options
    I see you live in N. Ca too. Some of the Lucky's stores sell them. I've tried the ones by House Foods. They come in Angel Hair, Spaghetti, and Fettuccine. They are in the vegetable section, usually in a case with the other tofu. I've also seen them in the health food section at Nob Hill. Personally, I don't think they taste like tofu at all and enjoy them with pasta sauce. They do take some special care to prepare, but its very easy. (Has sort of a fishy smell when you open the bag, but once drained, rinsed , and dried well, you don't notice the smell at all) I think they are 20 calories for 4 oz and they come in a 8 oz bag. I would try the thinner ones first. I, too, would think the fettuccine would be too thick and rubbery.
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you rinse them EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA well. You can't over rinse them,
    They're kind of an acquired taste too -- I don't like them at all. I'd rather eat Dreamfields Pasta.
    Make sure you pair them with a really flavorful sauce...possibly with some good textural elements like ground beef or something.