Hi, everyone!

Options
Hi, my names Taylor. I have tried to lose weight many times before and have never succeeded. I started using MFP a couple years ago and did pretty good about keeping up with it but slowly stopped. I seem to always do really good about working out and eating good for a little while and then I give up. I'm not happy with my weight or how I look. I want to feel good, and look good. So, I'm gonna give it another shot. And I'm gonna stay determined this time! I'm at my highest weight right now. And I would love to lose about 60 lbs but my first goal is to lose 20 lbs. If anyone has any tips or advice or anything that could help, I would really appreciate it! okay, let's do this!

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Likewise I had a five year hiatus and back just yesterday! I was going to wait until next year but I felt motivated to just do it now! Good luck!!
  • Pav2019
    Pav2019 Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, my names Taylor. I have tried to lose weight many times before and have never succeeded. I started using MFP a couple years ago and did pretty good about keeping up with it but slowly stopped. I seem to always do really good about working out and eating good for a little while and then I give up. I'm not happy with my weight or how I look. I want to feel good, and look good. So, I'm gonna give it another shot. And I'm gonna stay determined this time! I'm at my highest weight right now. And I would love to lose about 60 lbs but my first goal is to lose 20 lbs. If anyone has any tips or advice or anything that could help, I would really appreciate it! okay, let's do this!

You can and will do this! I know the feeling of falling off after a good streak. There nothing saying it wont happen again, whether you fall off track over a meal, a day, a week , a month always pick yourself up and get back on the path. (I tell myself)
    TIme to make commit for the long term.💪
  • TaylorMeans
    TaylorMeans Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Awesome! Likewise I had a five year hiatus and back just yesterday! I was going to wait until next year but I felt motivated to just do it now! Good luck!!

Thank you!! You too! Kick some butt! :)
  • TaylorMeans
    Options
    Pav2019 wrote: »
    You can and will do this! I know the feeling of falling off after a good streak. There nothing saying it wont happen again, whether you fall off track over a meal, a day, a week , a month always pick yourself up and get back on the path. (I tell myself)
    TIme to make commit for the long term.💪

Thanks for the positivity! :)
  • __MamaBear__
    __MamaBear__ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I weigh the most I ever have and I hate the way I look which then puts me in a bad mood and I hate everything lol. I have motivation bursts but then they go away after a week or two, but this time I'm staying focused on the end goal. You got this!!
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint, take it one day at time. Might notice improvement in the mirror aswell when the scale doesnt want to move!
  • TaylorMeans
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I weigh the most I ever have and I hate the way I look which then puts me in a bad mood and I hate everything lol. I have motivation bursts but then they go away after a week or two, but this time I'm staying focused on the end goal. You got this!!

This is how I feel also. WE got this! We're gonna stay focused and we're gonna reach these goals!
  • TaylorMeans
    Options
    Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint, take it one day at time. Might notice improvement in the mirror aswell when the scale doesnt want to move!

Very true. I try not to get discouraged when I don't see major changes but I ultimately will. Thanks for the positive words!