First post kinda nervous🤭

Options
Sadly this statement will permanently be my first post. I am ashamed to say that I overate at christmas eve dinner at a guests house, overate on christmas dinner, and overate at a morning breakfast buffet all you can eat this morning. Should I fast and try not to eat until tomorrow?

Today's overeating hurts the most because I follow the 16:8 or just typical OMAD diet daily so I always look forward to my bigggggg meal which is dinner but now that I've practically ate like a pig at breakfast(which normally I dont even eat, which is not a problem considering I did this omad/IF thing for 1.5 years), I feel very.... what's the word... I wouldnt say extremely guilty, but maybe disappointed that I cant look forward to my big meals anymore for some time. Tips? Detailed advice?

Goal: bulk with little bodyfat results

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Start over again Today. Things will work out. <3
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes!! to all of the above.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    When did you start bulking? Because you mention "large' meal/OMAD, does this eating strategy work well for you while bulking?

In any regard, it is the Holiday's. its over and done with now. I don't see any harm that has been done at all based on your 'goal'. Just get back to your eating plan as 'fasting' today or doing anything drastic is not necessary in the least. If you struggle with OMAD, doing 16:8 (you mention) or something similar will be easier for you get your macros/cals in.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its over.

move on and get back into your habits.

3 days doesnt kill a diet.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone said. A few bad days doesn't ruin everything. Now, an all or nothing attitude that causes you to justify skipping workouts and/or quitting your plan completely because of a few bad days, that might ruin some stuff. I struggle with this all or nothing attitude sometimes. Just get back on your normal plan and move on.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also overate for about 5 days. I loved it and enjoyed the break. Now I'm back on track. No guilt required.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    No GUILT- No condemnation- It is OVER move on- Go back to doing what you KNOW is RIGHT for you- and IN TIME it will sort itself out- but please be patient and do NOT condemn yourself- food choices are just that- Your choice of foods NOT a sin to feel guilty or disappointed in yourself over!!1 We have got to STOP labeling food and food choices as Good or Bad- they are just OUR choices- Own it THEN move on- and do what will HELP you be healthier in the LONG run!! I ENJOYED my holiday but now it is time to focus!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    3 days is not going to have a significant impact. It's 0.8% (rounded) of the entire year. Minimal impact. Plus, you're trying to bulk. You can run the numbers on how much extra fat it would be compared to if you had stuck to a more modest surplus, but I would be surprised if it's over a pound.

As for what to do now. Have a moderate meal tonight, and get back to your regularly scheduled program tomorrow. And more importantly, let it go.
  • davidkang3
    davidkang3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    When did you start bulking? Because you mention "large' meal/OMAD, does this eating strategy work well for you while bulking?

In any regard, it is the Holiday's. its over and done with now. I don't see any harm that has been done at all based on your 'goal'. Just get back to your eating plan as 'fasting' today or doing anything drastic is not necessary in the least. If you struggle with OMAD, doing 16:8 (you mention) or something similar will be easier for you get your macros/cals in.

This man named blake_201 on Instagram or just blake horton eats like a pig daily and says that I can bulk on omad and so I thought j might try?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    davidkang3 wrote: »

This man named blake_201 on Instagram or just blake horton eats like a pig daily and says that I can bulk on omad and so I thought j might try?

You might be able too. The bigger question is how many calories are you able to get in? Bulking/cutting is about calories. Some people would find it very difficult to fit enough calories in OMAD to be able to bulk.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would just go back to your normal eating and activity level.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    davidkang3 wrote: »

Yeah you can try this the issue is getting in all your nutrients and macros in one meal. A lean bulk doesn't have to be a large surplus, say around 200-250 calories over maintenance for example.

If/when you find your calories to currently maintain your weight, just add a small surplus to that and then see how much food you need to eat in order to get in all calories and needed macros in that one meal and meet your bulking calories.
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    AnnabellaxRinger Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Seriously - just allow yourself to feel bad for overeating (because you will either way), accept that feeling and let it pass. A few days off the wagon for a holiday isn't the end of the world, so just let it go and keep pushing forward! 2019 will be a great year!
  • zupyoo
    zupyoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's christmas, it's fine! Altho dont let it slide out into january and you wont even notice a difference. Get back in your routine and dont punish yourself by fasting either, thats how you develop an unhealthy relationship with food. I have also overate at times and felt super guilty but after some days of getting back in my routines I feel good again.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Restart and don’t look back! You got this! 🙌🏻 Feel better.