Starting Keto/Low Carb 12/26

Options
I've lost the weight before, and then slowly put it back on. I'm starting back on Keto/Low Carb tomorrow. Everyone keeps telling me I should wait until the new year, but I need to get going now. I didn't realize how much inflammation I had warded off with eliminating sugar until I started eating it again. Ready to feel better.

Replies

• RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I'm looking to start keto soon, any advice?
    Good luck, and good on you for going when you're ready :smile:
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    Options

The best advice I can give for Keto is not to have cheat meals/days. It takes too long to get into ketosis, and a single cheat meal can blow you out of the water.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    _Chanda_ wrote: »

The best advice I can give for Keto is not to have cheat meals/days. It takes too long to get into ketosis, and a single cheat meal can blow you out of the water.

Thank you!
  • tattoomary
    tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining you in January...looking forward to it :)
  • Ketogirl007
    Ketogirl007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been on the keto diet for a while now and it's great. My advice is don't wait and stick to it. It's so worth it.
  • Dispatch101
    Dispatch101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a question... I have been looking at stuff with my fitness pal. How do you reach your calories but stay under your macros?
  • __Chanda__
    Options
    I have a question... I have been looking at stuff with my fitness pal. How do you reach your calories but stay under your macros?

You can adjust your goals in the settings. I set mine at: Carbs 5%, Protein 30% and Fat 65%, still within my calorie budget. You can use a Keto macro calculator online to get your recommended macros.
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Feel so much better on keto and need to get back on track with it been logging food and staying within calories but not keeping track of keto macros. Feel 🆓to add me as a friend 😊
  • Dispatch101
    Options
    I have that part done. How do you reach your calorie amount and not go over your carb an protein totals?
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have that part done. How do you reach your calorie amount and not go over your carb an protein totals?

You have to up your fat consumption. So you can add straight fat or replace a carb and protein with something like avocado which gives you additional fat. I often mix herbs into a table spoon of butter and add that last minute to my meal.
  • amberloses120
    amberloses120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting keto in January, I'm really excited!! Got all my carb pantry items boxed up for the food bank and my pinterest is loaded with good looking recipes! No more living my life eating a potato of some sort at every meal!! Ditching pasta is going to be way harder (Italian family, lol) but I got a spiraler (sp?) for christmas, so we'll see how that works...
  • Dispatch101
    Options
    So. As long as carbs are low I can over the number of fat that is allowed to reach the calories needed for the day. I’m sorry I’m just really confused
  • tonyakappes
    tonyakappes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good question. I’m new too.
  • __Chanda__
    Options
    So. As long as carbs are low I can over the number of fat that is allowed to reach the calories needed for the day. I’m sorry I’m just really confused

There are some great articles and informational sites online about Keto. I'd do some research to gain a better understanding, so you can dig deeper if needed. You can also Google a Keto macro calculator.
  • RescueDogMa18
    RescueDogMa18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! Have not tried Keto before but looking for network of people who are working toward the same weight loss goal! Add me as a friend for accountability buddy!
  • Lynn5525
    Lynn5525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im starting the low carb diet on the 1st and im actually excited about it !!!
  • kellycmaine
    kellycmaine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto this week too, only on day 2... So far so good. Looking forward to positive change in 2019! Online keto macro calculator really helped me set my daily goal macros...
  • sargfr
    sargfr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost over 60 pounds on keto when I did it for a year back in 2016 (and kept it off!). I started again today simply for the structure! Would love some keto friends
  • __Chanda__
    Options
    I lost over 60 pounds on keto when I did it for a year back in 2016 (and kept it off!). I started again today simply for the structure! Would love some keto friends

Sent you a friend request.
  • __Chanda__
    Options
    Same boat here! Have not tried Keto before but looking for network of people who are working toward the same weight loss goal! Add me as a friend for accountability buddy!

Sent you a friend request.