Anyone doing a 16:8 fast?

Options
I'm seeking an accountability buddy to share my lifestyle change journey in 2019. I am doing the 16:8 fast, which is where you fast for 16 hours out of the day (drinking zero calorie drinks through the fast) and then eating responsibly through the remaining eight hours of your day. I'm currently planning on keeping a blog on this site to document my progress and what I experience through the days.
I would love to find someone who is doing this as well so we can work together towards a healthier version of us! I'm looking into joining a gym, but want to prove that I can follow the 16:8 fast for the next 30 days, and then will be moving forward.
Is anyone interested in having an accountability buddy?

Replies

• runnerlisa2821
    runnerlisa2821 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to try this also. How are you setting up your 16 hour time frame? I was thinking about 7 pm to 11 am.
  • xcutxupxlovex24
    xcutxupxlovex24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying this as well, only because I have 3 kids so am not really feeling the money spent on the gym and child care I plan to get some at home work out DVDs or check out what YouTube has for workouts.
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    AnnabellaxRinger Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I want to try this also. How are you setting up your 16 hour time frame? I was thinking about 7 pm to 11 am.

@runnerlisa2821 - I am fasting from 8 PM - 12 PM. I work a later shift at my job, so I don't start eating until noon or after and 8 is my cut-off. If you skip breakfast already, it works wonderfully!
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    Options
    I am thinking of trying this as well, only because I have 3 kids so am not really feeling the money spent on the gym and child care I plan to get some at home work out DVDs or check out what YouTube has for workouts.

@xcutxupxlovex24 - YES! I'm relatively overweight so the idea of exercising and making a diet/lifestyle change at the same time has caused me to break every diet or health kick I've ever been on. However, this 16:8 seems to be working really well! I have been doing it intermittently, but really started two days ago, and today is day 3!

I plan to do this fast for 30 days, and then I will make the jump to start working out - I just have to make sure I make the lifestyle adjustment first. :smile:

Good luck to you!
  • QueenJustineJay
    QueenJustineJay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'd love to do this with you guys!! When do we start?
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    Options
    Love this! I'd love to do this with you guys!! When do we start?

@QueenJustineJay - I am on day 3 already, but I'm super ready to have someone else join in! :smile: It's never too late to start!!!
  • backindabox
    backindabox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have the 8/16 plan. Works great for me.
    The first week is the hardest, drink a lot of water ;)
  • runnerlisa2821
    runnerlisa2821 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m on day two of this and a 16:8 is working great for me. I walked 2.5 miles yesterday and also biked 10 minutes so it’s a start. It’s hard for me to think about the fact I once was in marathon running shape. But I had Achilles surgery in late August after struggling for two years so I’m starting from a different place. It’s great for me to see everyone else starting too! My goal is to run a 10k fall of 2019 and then maybe a half marathon in 2020.
  • bookey79
    bookey79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in. The hardest part for me will be skipping my am coffee. I don’t really eat breakfast. 11am to 7pm. Sound doable
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    bookey79 wrote: »
    I’m in. The hardest part for me will be skipping my am coffee. I don’t really eat breakfast. 11am to 7pm. Sound doable

Coffee is fine if you have it black with no sugar... or be flexible and still have your coffee if it makes this way of eating more sustainable for you. There is no point starting something you know you will not stick with for life unless there is a medical reason to do so. Follow the rules that will work FOR YOU rather than the rules given by some stranger who cannot take individual circumstances into account.