2018 - A Year of Modest Successes

Reading other people's weight loss and fitness journeys inspires me to keep trying. I appreciate their grim determination. They help me think it is possible to accomplish my goals. I have been on my own journey and thought that I might contribute my modest story to the list of successes.
At 64, I decided that the time was now to move toward a healthier lifestyle, including losing weight and getting more fit. I am proud to say I have accomplished the following since January of this year:
  • Lost 38 pounds
  • Joined a fitness class and have stuck to it
  • First-ever plank
  • First-ever burpee
  • First-ever pushup
  • jogged a 1/2 mile
  • Went down 3 sizes in clothes. Can shop in the regular women's department for the first time in at least 20 years. My initial foray out of my usual, tiny department left me overwhelmed by my choices. I almost had to leave the store.
  • Wear exercise clothes to my fitness class instead of loose fitting sweatpants.
  • Buy exercise clothes

What do I hope to accomplish in 2019?
    • Climb a certain tree
    • Run a 5K with my daughters
    • Lose an additional 30 pounds
    • Enjoy life even more

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!