Vegans, Vegetarians, Pescatarians? Where You At!!

Options
Been vegetarian for 3 years. Looking for any veggies who are doing or have done Keto or any other tips to get this weight off!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There are people who are doing vegan or vegetarian keto, but since it's a lot more restrictive it can be challenging to find people who are successfully using it long-term for weight management.
  • QueenJustineJay
    QueenJustineJay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Makes sense! Vegan is pretty challenging alone.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Want to do keto vegan but that’s pretty hard
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If your library has it, check out ketotarian by Will Cole. He has lots of "mostly plant based" ketogenic ideas and recipes. He's basically in favor of vegan+fish. He was a long time vegan who added some fish himself.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian for 44+ years now, thin to fat to obese and back again. This is how I lost weight 3 years ago, and have stayed at a healthy weight since (should work for vegans, pescatarians and meat-eaters, too):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 12 years now. Works fine but you can gain weight so you still have to watch it!!!!
  • Heathe_r
    Heathe_r Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 12 years here :smile:
  • QueenJustineJay
    QueenJustineJay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome to the long term vegetarians! 3 years in and I'm just getting started. I'm looking forward to removing dairy also. Time to make it a lifestyle instead of a diet.
  • ButterflyBren
    ButterflyBren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m pescatarian and decided against keto. I’ll go low carb and law calorie and eat lots of wonderful veggies!