Another January RIGHT!! Are you waiting for the 1st or Monday

Options
YO. I decided to be consistent on my diet about a year and a half ago. Down 50lbs... from 275lb to 225lb right now... Could i have lost more and been more consistent??? YES... totally... when i took a break from dieting, I still wanted to just maintain my weight.. and that was tough too. I stayed around 230lb for 5 months and since November 2018, I'm back on tracking consistently and honestly. Honesty was the biggest thing for me. I look at the peanut M&M's on the office front desk and i say to myself... "is that what i want? YES---I WANT THE M&MS!... Do i need those M&M's.. NO.. Will eating those M&M's help my long term goal??? SEE.. I went to a counselor... and she helped me out big time with those questions... That was a year ago and i'm on my own now with my own warped brain.

YO... if anyone wants some accountability or to message about the kind of stuff that helped me out i'm really happy to share.
The Diet that I was on was not a FAD diet... not Keto, not whole 30, not Paleo, not Vegan not PALEO VEGAN.
it was a healthy Balance of Protein, Veggies, Fat and Carbs. The Diet was more concentrated on a lower Fat diet because higher fat foods like sausages and cheese (MMMMMM Cheese) have higher calories. I wanted to stay around 1800 calories a day.

this is what i stuck with at my weight of 260 down to 230. i'm going to reduce calories to 1500 when i get to 220.... its tough but i can stay satisfied at 1500 calories if i do it right and really get after the leafy greens.
1800 Calories
Every meal-
Protein (Fist Size - 4-5oz)
Carbs (Half a fist)
Fat (Thumb Size)
Green Leafy veggies--- GET AFTER IT!!!!!
Snack - Apple/Cucumber/MORE GREENS.

There are a lot of rules when i comes to loosing weight i think being in a caloric deficit makes you loose weight. I think it takes a 3500 deficit to burn 1 pound of fat - 500 cal deficit x 7 equals 3500 calories... hopefully loose a pound a week... .Loosing weight is not going to be forever.

I have a goal of 200lb and i'll assess myself there. I want to stay strong and have good cardio endurance. Just writing this is making me feel really motivated. Make a Plan, stick to the Plan. I went out to a Bar last night with a Bunch of my buddies that haven't seen for a long time... and i drank water..it felt weird for a little bit not drinking beer but i was all out of calories for the day so i said. NOPE... just water.. they were all happy for me and sportive. It felt great... SURE I WANTED TO STOP AT McDonalds on the way home and get a Dollar Menu feast... but i didn't because i asked myself... "Is that Dollar Menu in your plan?" Nope... keep on driving. OK wow... I have rambled. Stay Positive and Motivated people.

Replies

• Savagawea
    Savagawea Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hold fast!! Keep strong!! Avoid McDonald’s at all costs unless you need to poop (for some reason mickys has that effect on guys)

I didn’t wait for January this year. I started December. Down 4 lbs according to MyFitnessPal - however I wasn’t really tracking correctly and apparently didnt realize I weighed more so it’s more like 10lbs.

This year is gonna be awesome! #shehulk💚💪
  • amberloses120
    amberloses120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting on Monday! This week was spent testing recipes and not gonna lie, eating the last of the bad stuff in my house, lol! My mom is having weight loss surgery next week, and will basically be following the keto diet afterwards- rather then deal with cooking two meals every meal time, I'm going to let my laziness work in my favor, and take on that diet as well, along with maybe joining a gym, or at least going on more walks.
  • rimtorimgoal
    rimtorimgoal Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll still have company on Monday, so it will be the 1st. I'll need motivation so friend me if you want.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Honesty was the biggest thing for me. I look at the peanut M&M's on the office front desk and i say to myself... "is that what i want? YES---I WANT THE M&MS!... Do i need those M&M's.. NO.. Will eating those M&M's help my long term goal??? SEE.. I went to a counselor... and she helped me out big time with those questions... That was a year ago and i'm on my own now with my own warped brain.

YO... if anyone wants some accountability or to message about the kind of stuff that helped me out i'm really happy to share.

I'm curious about the counselor. Can you share what happens there? How do they motivate you to change your behavior? What type of skills do they teach you?

• CWEBB4EVER
    CWEBB4EVER Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going to get stricter come jan 1
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Just got off the plane last night, back in charge of what food I have access to as of this morning.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Not waiting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »
    Honesty was the biggest thing for me. I look at the peanut M&M's on the office front desk and i say to myself... "is that what i want? YES---I WANT THE M&MS!... Do i need those M&M's.. NO.. Will eating those M&M's help my long term goal??? SEE.. I went to a counselor... and she helped me out big time with those questions... That was a year ago and i'm on my own now with my own warped brain.

I'm curious about the counselor. Can you share what happens there? How do they motivate you to change your behavior? What type of skills do they teach you?

CBT perhaps?
  • Paullydontquit
    Paullydontquit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was motivated myself...i was ready to change. I think that was the biggest difference of all thevother times ibhad failed in the past. The counselor set me uo for sucess when she asked about what I value. Like anyone else I gave some cliche values. Health, Family. So I looked all my life and my health...and asked myself.. arecthe things im doing today supporting the things i value?..the answer was no.

The counselor was great because i had accountability. I could have done it in my own but i wanted to show my counselor thatvi could be uo to the challenge that she put in front of me. I seriously could not belive how easy it was once i commited to it. Ibwas just thinking...wow.. all this time ive been fat and out of shape... all i had to do was track 2000 calories of balanced food a day, drink water and be actuve for like 30 minutes. I dropped 40lb in 6 months. Its your decision....YOU DECIDE YOUR CHANGE.. JUST DO IT!!