Nasty, British and Short

Options
Hello! I'm not really new to MFP anymore, but maybe new resolve is in order: now that the festive period (bah, humbug!) is over, i'm going to get onto the diet-and-fitness thing with a bit more diligence.

The grand master plan is to stop eating crap and go for a walk every day.

Any fellow British, Irish, vegetarians, vegans, or just similarly curmudgeonly middle-aged fat sods want to join me in making 2019 a bit, well, healthier?

Replies

• roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    British, vegetarian, also middle aged ~ was frumpy but have lost 3 stone & now at my goal weight, so make 2019 your year
  • punkrocklibrarian
    punkrocklibrarian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Blimey, well done. I want to lose three stone too. Any tips? (Also: thanks for adding me!)
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    British meat eater, just hit middle age, lost 4st (put a little back on now) and want to lose another 3st minimum.
    Looking forward to the new-year-new-me thing, I like routine it helps me stay on plan, so can't wait to get back to normality (work).
    Hit me with friend requests if you like, I log on daily.
  • Bambi2810
    Bambi2810 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've always been confused by the "middle aged" thing, how does anyone really know when they're in the middle?! Haha.
    British vegetarian/attempting vegan here :)
    Definitely up for a healthier New year!
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Uk here too feel free to add

Need to get diet back on track
  • jenconv
    jenconv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    British, pescatarian and 41-can I join in? Need to lose 6.5st (91lb) to be at the top end of my healthy BMI so I have a long way to go. I’ve yo-yo’d for years losing 3st (42lb) before my wedding and then put 5st (70lb) on afterwards - oops.
  • Mass_Effect
    Mass_Effect Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My god, could have written that myself. I'm vegan looking for friends to journey with to lose weight, get fitter and see daylight.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not really new to MFP anymore, but maybe new resolve is in order: now that the festive period (bah, humbug!) is over, i'm going to get onto the diet-and-fitness thing with a bit more diligence.

The grand master plan is to stop eating crap and go for a walk every day.

Any fellow British, Irish, vegetarians, vegans, or just similarly curmudgeonly middle-aged fat sods want to join me in making 2019 a bit, well, healthier?

No but I kinda want to hand around you, although I'm American, actually pretty sweet tempered (I work with special needs kids) and eat meat unapologetically.
  • jamalforrest2882
    jamalforrest2882 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bambi2810 wrote: »
    I've always been confused by the "middle aged" thing, how does anyone really know when they're in the middle?! Haha.
    British vegetarian/attempting vegan here :)
    Definitely up for a healthier New year!

Good luck