Which diet is the Best

Options
What is the best diet to follow if your starting off that works and easy to follow , that keeps energy levels up , and shows good loss. i know there is no overnight magic and it has to be worked for. 100 lb to lose to reach my 2019 goal starting jan 1 :smile:

Replies

• 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Weigh/ measure food and log it, good luck
  • Beansg66
    Beansg66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies at the top^^^ The eat less and move more diet for me.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    less calories, more exercise
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    The one you can stick to once you get down to your goal weight. One mistake I made on past weight-loss attempts was cutting out too many foods I liked. (No desserts, no snacks, no fried foods, etc. etc.) Either I'd go off-plan and trigger a guilt-overeat-guiltier-overeat more cycle or I'd take off the weight and as soon as it was off? Go back to eating the way I used to and regain the weight.

Eating what I want within my calories as part of an overall nutritious diet has worked wonders.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    The Calories IN, Calories OUT diet. It is free, it is attainable, realistic, and it works.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest your current diet minus a hundred calories a day. You figure this out by weighing logging all your meals the way you eat normally today. This information should point to where you can make small changes to create a daily calorie deficit.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies at the top^^^ The eat less and move more diet for me.

This :smile:

And to expand a bit on that, also this:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    For weight loss/control?
    For good nutrition?
    It doesn't matter, really. The key is:
    The one you can stick to.

If that's calorie counting, counting and weighing, counting macros, eating from lists. Whatever YOU can do.
    If you need a formal diet to get started, great. Just learn from it, don't use it as a crutch. The same is true for anything else. LEARN.

This (linked above) is a great place to start: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Protein and veg is always a great place to start.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think calorie counting is the easiest. I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calorie allotment for the day so I don't really have to deal with cravings or trying to make any sort of complicated meal plan. I actually haven't changed what I eat too much, just how much I eat. Weighing and measuring everything can be a little bit of a pain at first but it quickly just becomes habit it only takes an extra minute or two. I lost 28 lbs in the last 4 months so it works for me.

But really you just have to find what works for you. I would start by making small, simple changes. Trying to completely overhaul your diet/lifestyle overnight is just a recipe for failure. But really the key is to just get started. You'll learn as you go. You don't need to be perfect from day one.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,174 Member
    Options
    Another vote for this one, which will definitely work if you follow it. It's the one I used to lose about 1/3 of my body weight in just less than a year . . . at age 59-60, while hypothryroid, if those things matter (they don't ;) ).

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

(Yup, shameless self-promotion again).
  • lisatryharder
    lisatryharder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, so inspiring and this is all very helpful to me, to take on board, i know we all have to start somewhere , this is where i am , i am now looking forward to reach my healthy goals.