how to maintain?

Options
it seems im loosing weight by just eating up to my calorie goal, and eating most of my exercise calories.

but i didnt want to loose any more weight. i just wanted to be more health conscious. and be more fit

anyway, how to stay the same weight without gaining or losing..

if i want to stay the same weight, should i be eating more than my calorie goal then? (sorry dumb question. lol.)

Replies

• martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    In your settings can't you set your calorie goal to "zero" ie, not gain, not loose?
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i dunno?
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ok i changed it thnx
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just change your goal to zero weight loss and the maintenance calories will be calculated for you.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Hopefully I'll be there soon :o)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just change your goal to zero weight loss and the maintenance calories will be calculated for you.

This but MFP isn't perfect. You might keep losing then you'll have to add a few hundred a week until you stop. It doesn't really know exactly what your body is doing.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

This but MFP isn't perfect. You might keep losing then you'll have to add a few hundred a week until you stop. It doesn't really know exactly what your body is doing.

this.

MFP told me 1600 was maintenance...hah! I had to change my activity level to HIGHLY active for it to say 1800 and that's still not enough. I am now maintaining at 2000. I had to manually change it.
    When you eat enough to prevent starvation mode, you are rewarded with a blazing fast metabolism. :)
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have just changed mine to 'maintain'. It seems a bit scary to get more calories!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options

this.

MFP told me 1600 was maintenance...hah! I had to change my activity level to HIGHLY active for it to say 1800 and that's still not enough. I am now maintaining at 2000. I had to manually change it.
    When you eat enough to prevent starvation mode, you are rewarded with a blazing fast metabolism. :)

Exactly - this makes you realize too that while you were losing weight, you could have been eating more! thanks for the reassurance :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this.

Oooooh, i'm looking forward to see where i get mine up to! so far i am on 1500 (not including exercise cals) and MFP says my maintenance is 1620, so on saturday i will give myself another 100 cals and see how i do for a week, and then another 100 etc etc.
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It really shows me how much food I was eating to have gained in the first place!