Losing weight while grieving

Options
Songbird61377
Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
edited December 2018 in Motivation and Support
I know this is a little different topic, when preoccupied with a broken heart that includes grief, guilt and unending sadness, how one keeps the head above water and not completely give in to comfort of food?

Replies

• ByFaith4Life4Christ
    Options
    Just keep your head up and your prayer life strong. I have gone thru the exact grieving,guilt and overwhelming sadness. Focusing on myself a bit more this year instead of beating myself down with all that. Find a friend to talk to. My mistake was keeping everything to myself. Here if you need a friend.
  • Songbird61377
    Options
    Thank you
  • jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry you’re not doing well. Do you have a counselor or trusted friend you could talk to? I’ve been going to a counselor for a few months and grieving has definitely come up. And good ways to deal with grief. I also pray and talk to God about all of my feelings. I know it’s hard to get out and walk/exercise when you’re sad, but maybe just start with a short 5 minute walk and see how you feel. I sent you a friend request. Praying for you.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I get it.

Our family started on our “walk of death” about three years ago.

After losing a FIL and a cat. Then my father, then my cat. Within 2 years, I became severely depressed.

I had to seek help from doc with medication.

I am having bad depressive episodes now, but that only last 2 days and are triggered by leaning out my dads house.

To be honest, I was a train wreck for two years and am now digging out.

Grief take time and is messy. . .

But if you need to, go to therapy. Maybe it can/will look different for you.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cleaning out the house, not leaning.
  • FebruaryStar3
    FebruaryStar3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My Mom passed in end of March in 2017, then my beloved 14 year schnauzer in August of 2017, along with a bad case of empty nest syndrome, and my best friend battling breast cancer. My depression, stress, and binge eating was (is) out of control. Gained 54 pounds since May of 2017, the first month I was too numb to feel or eat and then reality started to settle in and the food started getting shoveled in, add a desk job, and no energy...and here I am 50 plus pounds later.

I have battled depression and anxiety over the years, but nothing like the past 19 months. I am finally digging my way back out of the black hole, actually started to take my meds again and loading up on my Vit D. Christmas was bad but not horrific and the fact that I am actually participating in the forums again is a good sign I think.

I don't have any real advice, just letting you know you're not alone and offering any support I can. Best wishes for you!
  • Songbird61377
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and I’m really sorry for your struggles. We have to keep moving forward even if it’s at snail pace.